Recommendations for an outdoor hood cover

1. My model of MX-5 is: __Mark 3 1.8SE
  2. I’m based near: East Yorkshire, UK
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: _outdoor hood cover

Sadly, I don’t have a garage and am keeping my new (to me) mark 3 mx5 in my garden. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good soft top cover for outdoors please? _Thank you.

…check out MX parts website. We got one for our ND, but it was a half cover tailored to fit the ND. It is used every day the MX is not used and so far, apart from going a little green aroundd the edges it’s been realy good.

I found that over winter year before last my ND soft-top developed some mold as condensation between the cover and the hood never really dried out. Someone suggested a couple of pool noodles under the cover to keep the cover off the hood and allow ventilation to keep things dryer. I cleaned the roof with Maguires cleaner and reproofed it and didn’t use the cover again last winter. The hood is fine.

…we use some “foam” pipe insulation tubes cut in half and lay them under the cover just above the windows…seems to work OK…

I’m stoked about cabrio shield. They also do a breathing version for long term usage. See my posts in this thread: Car cover yes or no? - #7 by exiled-viking

Has anyone tried any of the half covers over the top of a removable hard top on a mk1 / mk2? Im wondering if it fits without going through the faff of removal. Thanks