Recommendations for coilover fitters?

Hi all. I’m soon to invest in MeisterR crd coilovers, and would them fitted and aligned by someone who really knows what they’re doing! - preferably someone in the south of England e.g Hampshire, where I’m based.

Any recommendations for good suspension fitters etc?

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2006 NC
  2. I’m based near: southampton
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: suspension fitters

MX5 parts, who advertise on here, are in Portsmouth and will undertake such work.

Demec, https://www.demeccarservices.com/ (Basingstoke) is apparently where Skuzzle (Skuzzle Motorsport) is now located. I doubt MX5parts will do much beyond fitting.

DoctorMx5 is in southampton,never used them but got to be worth a phone call.

There is also Wheels in Motion http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk at Chesham, Bucks, who are very familiar with MX5 geometry set ups.

Did you find someone in the end???

Protyre in Portsmouth has a Hunter Hawkeye alignment machine and most of the tuners and performance shops send their cars over there for alignment.

Hi. No I decided not to. Maybe at a later date…

But Nick (ex Skuzzle mx5 motorsport) works at Demec car services in Basingstoke, he was very helpful and he installs coilovers.

Alternatively there is a mobile mechanic in Suthampton that I use for both my cars who is excellent - Ryan of RW Automotive. I’ve also seen his rebuilt Honda Integra type R, he’s very good.

Just double checked… and looks like Nick has recently moved across to Bassett Down Balancing in Hungerford, and he offers Mx5 work as part of his job there.

Unfortunately new crd coilovers for the MK3 don’t appear to be readily available anywhere anytime soon…

I bought some Tein Flex Z coilovers about a month ago from Bofi Racing, had a phone call last week to say there’s a delay by Tein and they’ll be here at the end of October. So I don’t think the CRD are the only ones hard to get. Although I did look at getting those and couldn’t find anywhere that could get them, hence getting the Tein Flex Z instead.

sorry to ■■■■ in.
i have a quick question

coilovers?

coil overs means a shock and spring that is basically a 1 piece kit?
rather than a separate shock and spring that becomes 1 piece once fitted to the car?

is that right?

Yeah basically, they tend to have adjusters on them so you can easily adjust the height and sometimes damping too.

Regular shocks and springs can’t be adjusted for height. You can get lowering springs, but you still have a set height on them, I’ve only ever seen lowering springs at 40mm lowering which is the limit for shocks. Coilovers can be adjusted as much as you want within the limits and can go lower than regular shocks.

thank you very much

i think i get it now.