Recommendations for wind deflector / blocker for 2009 NC

Hi

Wanting to fit a wind blocker and would like a recommendation on the best / most effective one as there seems to be quite a bit of choice.

I presume the persplex ones are the best?

Don’t know if it makes any difference, but mine’s a folding hard top.

Cheers

Shaun

Hi I have the perspex mazda one fitted very effective was on car when I brought it so cannot tell you the difference from the small factory fit one… One thing to bear in mind if you fit a solid one you have to get out of the car to raise or lower the roof on the nc …unless you have long arms…

If they have to get out of the car to raise a folding hard top they’re in trouble :grinning:

Sure are… but after all it’s a mazda

I got the mesh deflector and find it obscures the view in the mirror, the thick black top edge is dead centre in the mirror view for me, have tried adjusting the seat height but made little difference.

It is easy to fit and swap back to the original which is needed in the warmer months. No drilling or screwing into the plastic hoops etc needed.

https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/wind-deflector-mesh-type-mazda-mk3-35-p-1324.html

Hi,
I also have the perspex wind deflector on my MK3 Sport. It was fitted by the dealer for the first owner when the car was new.
When I initally bought the car, I was not sure if I would like the perspex idea, but I am a total convert - it is brilliant!
It works incredibly well, and makes driving my car even in cold weather, a real pleasure.
Hope this helps!

I tried the MX5 Parts perspex wind blocker on my previous MK3. Yes it blocked the wind but no more so than the MX5 Parts mesh wind blocker. I discarded & sold the perspex wind blocker as I found driving at night it resulted in some strange reflections from vehicles travelling in the opposite direction.
With regard to rear vision when using the mesh wind blocker I simply raised the fixing points on the frame by 25 mm, the top frame now no longer obscures my rear mirror vision. I must admit cleaning the inside of my current prht’s rear window requires some flexible elbow & wrist ability, due to the extra height of the wind blocker.

I have the mesh Mazda one and works well/looks good for me.

we have a perspex one on our PRHT BUT have recently tinted it with a wrap to cut down on reflections - esp with a low sun at this time of year.

Easy to remove when you need to clean the inside of the back window.

Windblocker-tinted-2020-Feb-9th-pic1-A

I too have the Perspex type on my Mk3.5, I replaced the mesh type because of same reason as “captainhaddock” and prefer the Perspex even though you do get reflections from the sun and some lights.
I still have the black mesh one if someone wants it for free.

I know it’s an ND but I was not prepared to pay well over £100 for a bit of perspex, so made my own, cost less than £15, and well happy

Thanks for the messages so far - much better to have recommendations from actual users than just the advert blurb!

Shaun

Hi, I have a 2017 RF and I have never understood the purpose of the factory fitted “wind blocker” in a retractable fastback. Am I missing something?

One or twice a month I do a 315 mile (each way) motorway journey. The buffeting can really get on your t!ts after 5 hours. And I should add I find the car pretty awful with the roof up so it’s seldom up…until I start getting wet. So basically I use another car if it’s wet.