Regular all purpose cleaner or detailing specific all purpose cleaner?

I was wondering lately. I need some new APC. I use 26JPN as it works nicely for me plus it’s less environment damaging than most others. However, at home we use a biologically degradable supermarket all purpose cleaner containing 86% natural ingredients. It’s also PH-neutral. We have been using this on our floor, which is linoleum, a natural material which is vulnerable to agressive products. With this all purpose cleaner it’s never been damaged.

Now, I don’t mind spending money if a product is better suited for it’s purpose. I’ve got 3M fabric cleaner and rubber care, Dodo Juice quick detailer and shampoo, Monello de-ironizer etc. But I have also been living long enough in this world to know that if someone can sell a product which works more or less the same as others but then with huge profit when aimed at a different market that people will do it and make good money of it at the cost of my wallet.

I was wondering, has anyone ever tested something like this? I’m inclined to try and use it to see what it does. I can’t imagine it would hurt my paint.

H2O has been around for a few years now and seems to be well regarded.
:heart:

2 Likes

Squidinkdetailing sell an excellent all purpose cleaner. We use it in the house as well as in and on the car.

I suggest asking a few pro detailers, I’m sure that they have tried them all. Having said that, a detailing professional friend of mine charges a premium if a customer asks for Zymol. At something like £3,000 a tub I can see why

Autoglym produce a number of apc that may suit you. Interior cleaner can be used on hard surfaces, upholstery, carpets I use it pretty much for everything around the house. Autoglym multiwash can also be used for a variety of jobs.
Both can be diluted to suit the tasks plenty of guidance on line.

Thanks for all your replies guys. But perhaps my non-native language skills failed me :slight_smile: I was wondering if I can use household all purpose cleaner, one that is ph neutral and doesn’t damage natural materials.

I should imagine that you can, and I’m just as sure that a lot of the snake oil in the car-cleaning market is not as special as is claimed. My chief concern would be the possibility of salt content. You really don’t want salt anywhere near anything that rusts.

1 Like