Reinstalling plastic sill covers

1. My model of MX-5 is: 3
  2. I’m based near: carlisle
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __I have removed the sill covers and welded the sills and have got new top sill clips which I have installed on the sills. So I just need to slide the sills onto the bottom clips and clip the top clips into the body. Unfortunately, I do not have six hands to engage the sill in contact with the bottom clips whilst I slide the sill into position. Has anyone a Useful Dodge to do this?
1 Like

If you read down this thread then the solution is there👍🏻

Would you believe I had to do this yesterday, on my own in the end although my OH was at hand for assistance.
Like two grovelling old whatsits on the driveway I managed on my own really.

Insert all top clips (small) into the sill cover and insert the 3 large lower ones nearest the rear into the sill. Insert the 2 remaining large lower ones at the front into the sill cover itself.
So when you come to slide the sill cover on forwards you hold the rear most part of the sill and guide it on to those lower clips. Once you feel its connected with those three clips and forward all way you can move to the front section and press home the lower and upper clips if they line up.
BTW it’s best done with the door open most of the way. Still fiddly but definitely better than trying to slide into all of the bottom clips.

1 Like

? For what? :blush:

Sorry.
Thought it was a pointer for other member🙈.
Maybe I should remove it, which I am more than happy to do🙂?

1 Like

No worries. Thought so lol. Btw, I have removed mine and replaced them. Quite straight forward but always have new clips before you start :blush: