Removed from the Facebook group

Please can the Area Coordinator respond here and explain why I have been removed and blocked from the Norfolk Fives Facebook group?

As a paying member I would like to know why I have been removed while I was stating facts in a calm discussion on why there are no events or monthly meetings being arranged for the Norfolk Area of the owners club, when so many other regions have arrange so many other events, and there have also been national events arranged.

Thanks in advance for your response.

2 Likes

Yes, it would be interesting to know why this was.

I’m sure that being a paying member wouldn’t be a factor though, as surely there isn’t a case of one rule for paying members and another for non-paying?

2 Likes

True, and I know I did not breach any Facebook group rules, or Facebook rules. No bad language, I was just silenced as the Area Coordinator did not agree with the facts I stated.

1 Like

But it’d be interesting to know why you were ‘silenced’, especially so if, as you said, you didn’t use bad language and I presume conducted yourself in an orderly fashion? Surely having a different opinion to the silencer wouldn’t result in a block/removal?

1 Like

I was completely professional and have the screenshot to prove it, I simply stated that myself and one other member stepped down from planning events for the Norfolk Region, due to the actions, attitude and inaction of the AC. This was in response to the AC comment on another members posts, that suggested members should plan their own events.

If the other member had not put up a post, and if the AC had not washed his hands of any responsibility, I would not have commented at all.

1 Like

Sounds like you have had a lucky escape if they moderate in that fashion because of a justifiable criticism against them. At the end of the day that is the whole point of a thread perhaps. :man_shrugging: :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

Sounds like you’re better off outta there if it’s run by Snowflakes…:flushed:

6 Likes

So the AC for Northfolk suggested than members should plan their own events?

3 Likes

I’m banned too… No reason given.

AC suggested to me and I quote “Nothing stopping anyone else organising meets if they wish”, to which I replied it shouldn’t be down to us to organise meets and runs as members ( although I would be happy too ),

He then replied “don’t complain if I’m not prepared to organise anything myself”

I was removed and blocked from the group before I had the chance to reply

1 Like

Is there an annual ‘election’ for the mods there? So that paying members can decide who the mods are? Gets more respect that way that having mods who are ‘elected’ and not ones just picked by their mates. You also avoid the sensitive souls too, who often are all too quick to use moderating ‘powers’ at the hint that someone has the audacity to disagree with them.

1 Like

We should have had an annual vote yes. But the AC did not have an AGM and vote in January 2021 due to covid (fair enough), but decided not to hold a vote in January 2020 before covid, no answer given on why, despite asking.

The fact I have not just been kicked from the facebook group, but I have also been blocked from searching or seeing the group in anyway is beyond me. If the AC wanted to stop the conversation, Facebook has the option for muting an individual for a time out.

It seems very extreme. I am aware that multiple other members are also challenging the AC in the facebook groups, but they are not getting banned. So one rule for others and one rule for me? Not really acceptable actions from an Area Coordinator that is putting the good name of the owners club at risk.

2 Likes

Obviously I have “no dog in this fight” but as a former Vice & Chairman of Round Table, and Chairman of Forth Valley Hospital Broadcasting, it was always in the Constitution of both ( and I made sure they were implemented) that all Office bearing positions were not “assumed” annually and rolled over, whether the outcomes were sometimes obvious and the incumbents carried on unopposed. What Co_vid had to do with it is to me odd in a day when Online is King…unfortunately. Doubtless, there were “reasons”.

2 Likes

It’s a FACEBOOK group not the United Nations !!!
Get over it and get out more :joy:

2 Likes

I would, but no local events being planned :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

As an A/c I would say the unpaid position is Area Coordinator. Not Area Organiser.

I see the position is to encourage and help members to organize events, and to coordinate members efforts.

I organise the monthly meetings, members put forward runs, with the routes.

1 Like

I agree. But that is my point, many of us were more than willing to arrange events, if the AC actually asked or communicated with anyone. 18 months of silence is the issue here, especially as so many people have been locked up for so long.

3 Likes

The AC may feel compelled and enthused to come on and fully explain in great detail the total reasoning behind the judgment to ‘silence’ you, and then give a positive, inspiring, visionary outlook for the AC role?

3 Likes

As you’ve seen Martin has replied on the ‘ask the Chairman section’.

1 Like

Already discussed elsewhere.