Removing Km / miles stepper

Hi ,
I really have no idea where to post this but here goes.
I have driven my new to me 5 home today. Yay" :wink:
Anyway the speedo and dials are white and red mazdaspeed items - original I think as the car has loads of Mazdaspeed items. It appears that one of those conversion devices has been used and the “K” at the bottom covered over with a sticker.
 This looks a bit rubbish.
Worse though it the fact that a KMH speedo goes up to 240kmh but when you convert the car to use the same range but for miles per hour, you end up with 0-90 only taking up one quater of the speedo dial. Its not great to check your speed on as a small movement is 10mph and I think is a rubbish solution - it looks crap and will possibly gain me points by accident (not that you normally get them on purpose)
 So I want to remove the stepper conversion thing and put in a new set of dials. 
what issues do i face - i have a set of UK dials around here somewhere - they go up to 220kmh and look to be a similar calibration.
I dont care about the milage read out as its already corrupted as the first half of the cars history was km and the second half in miles but on the same clock. (I know it was over 40k kilometers before import)
 Can I just do this? Where will the conversion device be?

Cheers
Jonathan

The car has a Mazdaspeed speed head fitted; effectively a Euro-spec speedo. Simply fit a 140mph face. As for the stepper; I’m going to guess that its inline between the speedo cable and the speedo, not the cable and gearbox. Pop off the binnacle and take a look:
http://www.autoprotec.co.uk/Speedo%20Converters.htm

Cheers, sounds like its do-able :wink: