Removing stains on ND soft top

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2015 Sport NAV 2.0
  2. I’m based near: Isle of Man
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: soft top care

Hello everyone. I’m new to the Forum having just acquired a 2015 ND 2.0 Sport NAV. It’s my first MX5 and I can now understand the hype!

The car is very tidy having covered just 13k from new but there are some marks on the soft top which are annoying me. I have cleaned the hood with Autoglym soft top cleaner and a brush but I’m unable to shift some white staining near the drivers window (see pic below). I’m not sure if it’s damage from bird muck perhaps?

Renovo Reviver sounds like it might help, but as the rest of the hood is near perfect, I’m loathed to apply it, especially after reading some horror reviews about inconsistent colouring.

Does anyone know what the marks might be, and how I might improve their appearance? I’m worried I might make things worse!

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

I’ve used renovo before and it was fine eventually , just stick to the instructions EXACTLY … my first attempt i left too long between coats the initial coat had dried and the second coat just ran off ! Lesson now learnt …

But remember these products aren’t permanent, so you won’t ruin anything by giving it a go …

Thanks for reminding me, must do mine before winter if we ever get a completely dry day !

Looks a bit like these stains

I’ll have to try Renovo

Hiya Paul,

I use this and have a dedicated soft-top brush too…although the one (sponge) in the pack will do. You will find it cheaper in halfords and other stores. This will remove most of the stains, assess after.

Theo

1 Like

Cheers Theo, will give it a go. It’s actually my wife’s BMW that’s affected. My trusty vinyl roof on the NA is looking pristine :slightly_smiling_face:

Another vote for Renovo, I’ve used to good effect on a faded and stained Boxster roof.

As has already been stated make sure you apply it correctly and mask up the cars windows and surrounding paintwork to avoid avoidable extra work after you’re done.

Good luck.