Repair and refurbishment of Soft top

1. My model of MX-5 is: NB

2. I’m based near: Havant

3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on:

4. Fixing small hole in softop

My mohair soft top had a small hole in the top when bought. However seems to be getting slightly worse because of putting top up and down. While doesn’t appear to be catching anywhere, does seem worn in that area. Any recommendations on patching/repairing to stop it getting worse. Seen some tent hole repair kit but wonder if feasible when constantly being flexed.

1. Refurbishment of softop

What’s best way to clean/restore the softtop. Seen the two pack solutions for refurbishment but surprised at needing so much caution over paintwork. So any guides on this and the best one to use!
20210417_120925|375x500

I can’t offer any advice about the small hole in your roof. But I have “restored” a soft top on my first MX5, which was an NB.
I used the AutoGlym two part fabric roof cleaner and protector. I followed the instructions to the letter and the results I got were amazing. The green mould disappeared and the colour was revitalised with an even shade across the roof.
There will be recommendations for other products too, and I am sure all will do the job. But I do think which ever roof cleaning system you use you will be impressed with the results

I repaired a soft top roof on a car I sold 18month ago used aqua pond silicon its expensive but works (dose what it says on the tin) I also resealed the rear window into a hood, seems to have worked !

Percy
ps would add a picture if I knew how !