Replacement front caliper

1. My model of MX-5 is: 07 NC 2.0
  2. I’m based near: Berks
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Replacement caliper

I have been told that the dust shield on my front left caliper has perished and that the caliper will need to be replaced.

Do I need to do both, or just one? Are the OEM or Pagid ones ok? The car gets used on track a bit. So is there anything that I can should get replaced whilst the wor is being done? Braided hoses?

I’m not interested in upgrading to larger calipers at this point

Who has actually told you this is the case?

A local mechanic. I needed my pads and discs changed and he pointed it out at the time. Why?

Just wondering if it was binding and the sliders only required replacing, or the hose was blocked, which can cause problems instead of the calliper needing replacing.

He said it was ok for the time being, but in time it would / could start to bind.

Looking online a replacement is only £90 or so, and given that I was going to look at hoses etc I thought I’d get the work done all at once.

I agree. I had the same problem last year and it took me a long time to track it down and replaced hoses etc. I did get a lot of help on the forum👍🏻

Interesting. The braking wasn’t the best on the first track day, but I didn’t replace the pads and discs as they had plenty of life in them. They were juddering under heavy braking, new Rodisons pads and Mtech (I think) discs and the braking was fine.

I find that the pedal is a little soft, so hopefully new hoses will help with that.

New hoses may well sort it👍🏻