Replacing front wheel bearings

I need to replace the front wheel bearings on my 2007 Mk 3. Is it an easy job as I cannot find anything anywhere about changing the bearings, only about changing the full hubs.

You can’t change the bearings separately, they are part of the hub,

Robbie is totally right… I know this from experience as I spent way too long looking for a bearing kit as I didn’t realise you just replace the whole hub on an mx5.

However, getting the hub off isn’t actually that difficult I think the whole thing is only held on with 5 bolts… Plenty of WD40, a bit of heat and you should be off :ok_hand::ok_hand:

Oh bugger. Thats a problem then. I bought a bearing kit off ebay which therefore appears to be useless.

Yep! Get it returned, and buy this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362854630470

I stand corrected… Its held with 4 bolts, definitely a DIY driveway job :+1::+1:

Out of interest, what was the kit that you bought? As they say, everything comes apart…

I’d imaigine that you’ll need a 10 ton press to change the bearing

I remember coming across this youtube video a while back, but it’s for NA/NB. I don’t know if NC is the same, and it is only re-packing, but he does take out the seals, inners and ball cages and it allows inspection of the tracks etc.

Myself, nowadays I’d just pay someone to replace the assembly. My life is too short.

Have a look at the useful guide on myroadtrip.net.
Mk3 hub assembly can be upgraded to the Rx8 version which is stronger if you are driving hard regularly. Original hub supplied by timken and can be cheaper to buy on the timken part number which is HA590205