Rick Stein, Google Earth and an MX-5

Seems to be a case of the Tom Jones syndrome!

2 Likes

Google are tracking all MX-5s!

1 Like

Not just the number plates, the faces are also visible… only if you go into the parking area, they ran the software to smudge these for the road, but not in the parking

Am I the only one who went and checked the MOT history, to find it was as rotten as a peach and is probably no more now.

Image captured in May 2015. Presumably after the 20th May, as it failed on busted springs, rotted sill and aseized front brake in March of that year, and didn’t pass for 2 months.

No one noticed that Google has blurred out the Cornwall sticker, rather than the plate. Cornish Separatists would be up in arms.

2 Likes

There’s an old saying

“If you need to explain a joke… it ain’t funny”

https://www.quora.com/How-does-Google-blur-faces-and-license-plates-on-Google-Maps

It seems they try to blur all faces and number plates but miss some, exploring the street view images local to this car I see they miss a lot of them.

New V5 issued on 22 December 2020, and is on SORN, so may reappear one day

My MX-5 was a 69 plate, but I replaced it with a 68 plate.

I was born in 1968, in case anybody is wondering. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Funnily enough, GooglieView has me, having reversed the Sport out it’s lock up, chewing the fat with a neighbour and you can clearly see it’s me…zero fudging and him too. He’s a " ( cough) druggy hunting cop" though. :wink:
Canny say I’m bothered either.

2 Likes

It’s also parked in a disabled space, before you attack me that disability’s can be hidden, my late wife had MS and I fully understand all the shite that goes on.

Don’t think anyone thought that was worth remarking on.

1 Like

Hi all!
This is actually my car now! Stumbled across this forum just by googling my reg plate one night.
My partner actually bought this as the last owner that someone picked up on (dec 20). I then bought it from him in September of last year. Within his ownership he didn’t touch the car as he had other on going projects.
I took her for first MOT after 5 years just a few days into my ownership of her. She passed but then the car cut out on the way home.
Before mine or my partners ownership, the car had about 3 other engines in it, a mix of 1.8/1.6 mk1 and mk2. Due to this, it has caused a constant electrical issue in which fuses blow and the car drains the battery within days. This is a problem in which we are solving.
In terms of the look of the car, I have lowered it on vmaxx coilovers with some XXR 0.002 wheels, kanspo skirts and a bomex type 3 wing. Currently on the look out for a TBO lip to add to the front end.
This car will forever be in my ownership and I’m sure I’ll be on here asking loads of questions so I’m sure you’ll see more of the car.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Good to see this car has been rescued.

1 Like