ROCKINGHAM 2018 DRIVER INFORMATION

Rockingham Tickets Now on Sale.

For all members that are not yet aware, The Owners Club Annual Track Weekend will be held at the Rockingham Raceway, Corby, Northamptonshire. Dates for the event are the weekend of 26th/27th May 2018. I have tried to keep the prices as close as possible to 2017 with very small increases across the board. For more information about tickets and the event please use this link:  ROCKINGHAM 2018  if you require anymore information please do not hesitate to contact me on peter.mcnicol@mx5oc.co.uk More information will soon be available on the clubs web site with regular updates to follow in STHT.

Peter

No passenger rides from the max5 guys I’m afraid as we are at Anglesey that weekend 

Hi Pete.

any idea which track layout it will be?

Dave

[quote=Thiss]

Hi Pete.

any idea which track layout it will be?

Dave

[/quiote]

Full GPcircuit as used by BTCC

This was a testing day for Martin arranged back in the MA5DA days when I lived in Coventry.

Good to see he is still racing and doing well from the look of it…

Martin Tolley - BRSCC MX5

Hi Pete / All 

Was going to ask which track layout we’d be using but “Thiss” beat me to it! Some links below provide illustration of the layout. 

http://www.btcc.net/calendar/rockingham/

https://rockingham.co.uk/venue-information/circuit-layout/ (International Super Sports Car Circuit)

The banked turn 1 looks pretty interesting, might need to convince the old man to stick a turbo on his car so we can keep up! 

Best

Rob & Mike 

Looks like it will be a great weekend, Rockingham is a great track!

Looking forward to further details in STHT. Is there to be camping on site?

Hi Corders

Yes Camping is available FOC, its buried away in the ticket text.

For information the description from the tickets page is as follows

Tickets are offered at a very special rate only to Club members.
Please provide your Membership number to complete your ticket transaction and matching valid membership card is needed on the day, along with a valid UK Driving Licence and signed disclaimers - other tickets and options will also be available on the day from the team at the admin desks.

YOU’RE TICKET CHOICES:

MORNING
Novice AM Sessions; for the complete novice who has done none or, one or two track day. 3 x 20 mins sessions of dedicated track time, on and off track tuition included.
Experienced AM Sessions; no matter if you have just a few track days under your belt or are more experienced these 3 x 20 mins of dedicated track time will get you back up to speed and offer ideal opportunity to improve your ability, on track tuition slots are included, bookable on the day.

AFTERNOON
Afternoon Open Pit Lane; as much track time as you want, gives you the opportunity to try out what you have learned in the morning.

PLEASE NOTE: Attendance instructions and paperwork will be e-mailed to all participants approximately 10-14 days prior to the event. All Drivers and passengers will need to print and bring their e-confirmation to collect tickets and wristbands on the day from the Club desks.

If you need Extra Driver or Passenger Wristbands these can be added here - Rockingham extras (also available on the day).

MORNING SESSION DETAILS:
Evolving the success of previous years at Blyton and Bruntingthorpe, the day will consist of 2 morning classifications Novice and Experienced, followed in the afternoon by an Open Pit Lane afternoon for all.

We strive to offer members a day that is perfect for taking to the track for the first time, or for building on you previous experience regardless if you have only done a few track days or are a seasoned track veteran and make the track available to you for as long as possible.
If you are unsure please contact the Motorsport Coordinator Peter McNicol.

NOVICE: If it’s your first time on track or you have very little track experience this is for you. This all-morning programme is all about learning about driving your car and boosting your confidence. The sessions are geared around learning what you can do - you will be on track first thing to warm up and then join instructors for off track instructional and development sessions to learn and talk about your progress before going back on track to implement what you have learned. This programme will consist of 3 sessions on track across the morning and will help prepare you to enter the afternoon open pit lane session, confident and ready to drive on track.

EXPERIENCED DRIVERS: For those who have been before or are more experienced on track these morning sessions will be run for 20 minutes at a time, giving you and your car time to cool and be checked over before the next session. Free tuition will be available from one of our four professional instructors if you require.

AFTERNOON SESSION DETAILS:
OPEN PIT LANE: Open to all members and as much track time on the fabulous Rockingham circuit as you need!!! Flying laps: (available on the day) Fast race speed laps with a professional driver will be offered on Open Pit lane sessions only.

Camping: Camping is free of charge to all Club Members whether you are taking part on track or not. A limited power supply may be available on a first come first served basis.

BBQs: Shared cooking facilities worked brilliantly over the past few years and we will offer the same again this year and this is included for all.

Helmets: We encourage all drivers to bring your own helmets these must be full face, the Club has a very limited number of helmets available for visiting members to use, Novice sessions and passengers are given priority. If you need advice on helmets please contact Peter Mcnicol.

Track Insurance: If you feel that you would like to take out track insurance, the Clubs Preferred Motorsport Insurer is REIS Motorsport Insurance on 0115 9651030 and quote your club membership number.

Important please note: Track tickets cancelled prior 28/4/18 will be refunded. Refunds are not permitted within 30 days of the event. Refunds will only be made to the person who purchased the ticket via the original means of payment.

Thank you for posting all the info! I only read the types of ticket when I had a glance at the booking website

Best get round to getting decent brake pads and sort the alignment out…

Peter, are we anticipating any extra activities on the day like there were last year; some autosolo, sprinting, or maybe even some drift practice on all the lovely Rockingham tarmac out the back?  Hope so… please…

Will Nick from Burton Tyres be there? My NC may need some new shoes by the end of the day!

Not at this moment in time, I have sent him an e-mail to see if he would be interested.

Pete

Looking into it Martin, although at this moment in time it looks like it could cost extra as it is a weekend and the tarmac is always in demand. Skid pan in the central area of the track is out of our reach when it comes to budget.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Looking forward to Rockingham another track ticked off the list keep up this good work.

Booked tickets, but just a some query’s which I cant see in the small print.

Camping is free I see but do you have to book a slot in advance or is just turn up and pitch also will there be any facilities available for campers, thinking really about toilets and running water etc.

What are the restrictions on additional drivers, i.e licence holders club membership etc.

regards Garry.

Hi Pete, Nick has said that he is available at this time, however it is pending final announcement of race time tables. We should know in the near future.

Peter

Hi Garry, Camping is just turn up and you will be guided to a pitch, if you are coming as a group just let the person know when you arrive and we will try and oblige. Toilets and shower are available over the period.

All drivers must have a valid driving licence, as a club member you can book an extra driver on your membership either now or on the day.

Peter

Hi Peter, I am adding a driver I am novice Rob has some experience racing karts but we both went to Brands Hatch for first ever track day excellent day well looked after by North Thames club and on track support.

wewill probably both want to do novice morning but are the slots 20min per car or driver? I appreciate the car may need a rest but wondered if both of us would have the opportunity for 3 runs each in am sessions or bo we have to share the 3 slots.

We are both looking forward to our next MX5 adventure.

Thanks to all of you for these opportunities 

Mike Rob

PM Sent

As the Monday is a bank holiday will there be camping available after the event on the Sunday ?

I have spoken to the owners of the venue and they have no problem with members staying over on the Sunday Night, Sounds like a great way of unwinding after a hectic weekend.

Pete Mc

Thank you for arranging this event. If I book onto an afternoon session will I need to be there in the morning for a briefing, or will there be an afternoon one aswell?

Many Thanks