Rolling noise behind dash

1. My model of MX-5 is: __KURO 2.0 hard top 2013
  2. I’m based near: __stansted
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __ rolling noise behind radio . Forum posts sugest this is a loose torx bolt rolling on top of windsheild. how do i remove the trim to check this plaese

I have a mk1, but these mk3 YT videos might help you if you’re sure it’s behind the radio:

I’d wonder if it might be something rattling round in your vents though:

Have you sealed your plastic inserts that the fixing screws for the plastic scuttle cover screw into?
If not, you can kill two birds with one stone and check for something rolling under there and seal the inserts at the same time.
It’s not a question of if your seals will fail but when.
They are made of biodegradable foam and they always fail, letting water into the cabin via the handily placed fusebox.
Simple job, just remove the wiper arms and 5he little round caps that cover the screws, undo the screws, remove the plastic cover, get rid 9f the remains of the seals under the inserts and replace with a bead of silicone sealant - under the inserts, not around them.

1 Like

Now here is a suggestion!
I changed my head unit and AFTER had a rattling rolling noise.
Head unit in and out 3 times.
In the end it was a bolt that had come unscrewed that holds the centre latch lock in!!
NC PRHT 2013.

Pull the side windscreen covers off. Undo the torx bolts at the top/sun visors etc and bobs your uncle. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

It was the loose head bolt in the trim over the windscreen. Fixed in minuets with the forum help. Lock tighted. In now

1 Like

I have my uses at times. :+1: