RUN TO BENTWATERS COLD WAR MUSEUM - SUNDAY, OCTOBER 20th

First meet location 9.45 Meet up at Boreham Services BP Lorry Park A12 CM2 5PY to leave at 10.00am.

Journey time for the 60 miles to BCWM is around 75 minutes with much of it on the A.12

A ‘running stop’ is planned for A12/J.28 CO4 5HH McDonalds just to allow members from further out to join on (me included)

Note: Members wishing to take up this option should ideally be there by 10.15 & ready to leave by 10.30 when the Borham starters would be meeting us. Those that wish to attend please let me know of your intended start location.

BTW. Museum postcode is IP12 2TW should any members get separated or wish to run there alone!

October 20 is the last open day of the year and I have arranged for a hangar tour which would entail us driving our cars there from the museum so you will see a bit more of this old RAF & USAF airfield.

Several aircraft are undergoing restoration in the hangar and hopefully you will be able to talk to members of the Bentwaters Aviation Society working there. Museum admission only is £5.00 & to include the hangar tour its £10 total. It would be useful if when letting me know you want to come on the run, you could indicate you are up for the hangar tour as well. This is just so that the museum organisers have an idea of numbers.

Some of you may already be aware of what the BCWM is all about but for more information check out these links:

BCWM.org.uk

www.bentwaters-as.org.uk

Please e mail me at sargent873@btinternet.com

Regards Barry and Sue

Love to come Barry & Sue,

but I start in the wrong place so could I meet you all there ?

From my Sudbury area I would cut through the Suffolk villages via Needham Market and Wickham Market and arrive at Bentwaters from the west.

The hanger tour would be a must.

Paul G

email sent