Rust proof underseal

Hi …i have noticed signs of rust on my 56 plate NC any idwas as to where I can get it treated and wax oiled etc?
I struggle to navigate this site so apologies if i have got the wrong forum

I can offer suggestions further up country from you, East Midlands or a little further up.
What you need is a complete strip treatment and then apply the underseal. A proper job will be more expensive and take around 3-4 days. Anyone offering a splash of underseal for less than say £400 is probably doing just that and splashing it over rust.:thinking:

Anand Viad is based in London and does a suberb job but unfortunately i have no contact info

If you are on fb Anand Viad is quite easy to find.

1 Like

I had my 2010 NC done by Anand, a few months ago. Very happy with outcome. Not the cheapest, but the price is commensurate with the quality of the work and attention to detail. PM me and I will give you his mobile number.

Please prepare yourself because he will inspect your car beforehand and tell you straight-up whether it is worth saving or if the rot has already taken hold and not worth doing.

1 Like

Thanks all

1 Like

:+1:appreciated

These guys did my NC2 last July. Process involved brushing, removing covers etc. and applying it in all the nooks and crannies. For the price they don’t take the bumper off, but you could ask them to add that as an extra if you are sufficiently fussed.

Waxoyl Treatment For Land Rover Defender Discovery Jaguar Mercedes

Car just serviced and MOTd at Mazda in May and they remarked on what excellent condition the whole body was in.

They have a branch in Egham I believe (your post says West London so hopefully that’s useful!).

Others will say Dinitrol is more modern etc. but this approach and this firm were good enough for me and my NC2.

2 Likes

Bless you Egham is fairly local so thanks …roughly how much did it cost,

1 Like

Waxoil was okay 50 years ago, nowadays its only slightly better than no treatment at all ! on the other hand Dinitrol is far better in every aspect.
Pay the extra and do it once !

Dinitrol and bilt hamber are excellent. Some fabulous products from Buzz Weld, too. Chemical engineers and technologists have given us some truly great products in recent years.

1 Like

Sorry but you are exaggerating to a degree that is unacceptable.

We have 31year old Mini that has had no paint or welding, no brake pipes and has no rot. Why because it has been Waxoiled from new and ‘topped up’ on regular basis.

There is nothing wrong with Waxoil that been used correctly, yes there are other perfectly acceptable products on the market but please be balanced in your advice.
:heart:

2 Likes

Its really just a question of which one of his many profiles you PM :rofl:

I think it was around £500. Give them a call and there is a set price for MX5s. They will provide photos of the work on request too.

Many thanks

Hi all, any suggestions for underbody treatment in Sheffield?

This place did mine. (link below) before my ownership though. Not far away from you…

https://www.jrclassics.co.uk/

thanks, ill give them a call.