Rust proofing and undersealing

Hi all, I have a 25 year anniversary model and I would like to get the under body done this year if possible, does anyone have good recommendation for the Kent area please?

Regards,

Chris.

is the MX5 restorer too far? It’s a massive job to do really well, but these people at least know the areas that need the most attention https://themx5restorer.co.uk/

1 Like

Hi Chris
I took my NC to MX5 Restorer, who needed to give it a check first before doing any undersealing. Mine needed some welding (usual places where seals meet the rear wheel arches). They quoted for the work, but my car really isn’t worth spending that much money on. I took it to my local bodywork garage who removed the rust and replaced it with new metal and underseal. I still need to underseal the rest of the car and I’m looking at Lanoguard. I know it’s not Wazoyl but it looks straightforward to apply.

good luck
Luke

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the reply, I hope your project goes well, I`m down Eastbourne way soon and will check the restorer place out.
Good luck,

Chris.

1 Like

Lanoguard isnt that well thought of in many circles.
Dinitrol is better - google their stuff.
I got all i needed to do my Mk3 for c£100

Hi Chris
I live in Kent, and had my NC undersealed at the mx5 Restorers last August. They come highly recommended. You have to take it in for an inspection first to make sure its ok to be done without other work required. If its ok and you book the car in at that time the inspection cost is deducted from the final job price. They are always very busy there, you will probably have to wait a few months to get it done. Very pleased with the full undersealing done on mine. Nice coastal drive down to Pevensey as well.

Regards
Roger

Hi Roger,
Yes all sounds good, will definitely get the NC done, Im down that way soon so will pop in and have a chat with them, I dont mind if have to wait a few months as in no rush.

Regards,
Chris.

Welcome to the club too!!