Rust seen appearing under indicator on driver side wing, Pearl White paintwork

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC
  2. I’m based near: __Leicester
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Body shop willing to tackle Pearl White paint schemen to treat smaall indications of rust around indicator light.

I know @MickAP on here (S Derbyshire?) had his white recaro sorted recently, so would have a recommendation.

1 Like

I would probably try the Mazda touch in kits on that first. You’ll need to remove the light fitting and treat the rust bubbling first though. If you’re not happy with the results or just want to go straight to a body shop then I can help with recommendations.
All I can say is and they’ll probably say the same, the metallic crystal white paint (or any colour really) will want blending into the whole wing or it’ll look odd.

Car Cosmetics in Derby I used, they did a fab job on the front of my NC, same colour as yours.

If you can rub back the rust and treat it I have a set of genuine trim rings you can have that just need new 3m tape. Will cover the repair and you’d never know.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea Dean and will save a fortune at a paint shop.:+1:

Same here but not covering any rust😄

Thanks appreciate that

Thanks Mick, just seen the post on trim rings may give that a go first but keep derby in mind

Thanks Dean sounds good, any vids etc I could take a look at to see how to go about it, I am pretty useless at this sort of thing !

They just stick on around the lens with 3m vhb tape - should cover that small area of rust. As far as the rust repair goes, take off the minimal amount to expose and treat the rust, prime and touch up and then fit the trim ring. Should keep it at bay for some time and if it ever got worse again you’re back to having to get the wing painted either way. If it helps I can send them and you can offer them up and see if the area covered falls within being concealed after repair then mask yourself a stop point👍

1 Like

Hi Dean,

Sounds good, I’ll try it just let me know how much and what account to pay into.

Thanks

Dave.

Not necessary. Just pm me your address and I’ll send them to you :+1:

3 Likes

^^^^^ nice gesture.

2 Likes

Thanks Dean much appreciated.

Hi Dave, did they turn up yet?

Hi Dean,

No sign so far.

Cheers

Daave.