Rust treatment around MK and Bedfordshire

Hi,

Can anyone could recommend a garage to take my MK3 to for rust proofing treatment?  We are in Harpenden, only 40 minutes from Milton Keynes, and don’t mind travelling a few miles to get this done by a good garage but some of the places recommended in the forum are not practical to get to - particularly if the car needs to be cleaned and dried before treatment starts.

I think MX5 works can do the job - does anyone recommend them or suggest alternatives?

Thanks

PB

I used Ultimate Car Protection: http://www.ultimatecarservices.co.uk/rust-proofing/ . Local base in a barn between Abbots Langley and Bedmond (between Watford and Hemel Hempstead). £425 for underseal and cavity treatment. Mike their technician from WGC seemed to do a good job. (About a quarter of their jobs are on MX5s apparently). They use space heating to dry and despite my getting lost (it’s a b… to find), though he’ll wait for you on the road, and collect/take you to the nearest towns/bus stops. It takes a day they advertise 9am drop and 3pm collect, though I got lost and didn’t arrive until 11am and it was still ready by 3pm. Hasn’t been through the winter yet (as it has to live on my drive with just a cover for protection) but seems to be a reasonable job on my 2006 Mk 3. He suggested I was just in time to stop the rust taking hold. I believe you can save money on their price but have to travel half way across the country.

1 Like

Thank you - I will get in touch with them.

Hi. I’m near Luton, have a large workshop and thinking of doing it myself. Anyone want to try it with me?