Rust treatment near me

Apologies if I’ve asked the same question before but I’m struggling to find previous posts. I’m considering having my newly purchased 2009 NC2 PRHT properly rust proofed/ treated before I put on many more miles. I’d like a thorough job including cleaning off all existing Waxoyl, inspection and retreating including all arches, sills, cavities etc. Would prefer a product that allows easy inspection down the line and has some form of warranty. Any recommendations for this service within 30 miles or so of Lichfield? Thanks in advance.

i used Krown Rustproofing in Tipton and was very impressed by the thorough job they did and all the pictures they sent me of the strip down and treatment. Im not sure whether they would remove your old stuff though so perhaps give them a call. Depends what you want but its a fairly local option for you within your travel limits.

https://krowneurope.com/

A few mention JR Classics but they are near Doncaster. Mine had the full treatment there a few years ago, it’s holding up well, it’s not a daily driver but has been topped upper previously and by myself earlier this year.
I’m guessing going on prices then and now expect £1k + if they offer a strip off and reapply service. I’ve got the bill from when mine was done.

I’ve just emailed Krown to get an idea of price. Do you know if they brush down the rusty bits as part of their service or am I going to have to crawl under and get dirty?

Hi, For sure i never cleaned off the car myself. I seem to recall that they clean it themselves before applying various treatments to the car to remove any surface rust and then to inhibit and protect against rust. Im sure the guy there will be able to advise you. I know he sent me a whole bunch of pictures which showed a pretty thorough job and the underside looking clean and treated.

1 Like

That’s wicked, thanks for that!

1 Like