RX8 callipers and carriers

Quick check, will RX8 callipers and carriers fit directly to NC front hubs?

I want to fit larger disks 322mm, same size as RX8. Big brake kits are silly money, but I can pick up RX8 callipers and carriers for a sensible sum and then refurb and get new disks.

Hi
Yes they will fit, however you will drastically increase unsprung weight and imo ruin the suspension. Big brake kits are light weight…

My advise…just use/upgrade pads

I’ve been well impressed with the standard brakes including OEM discs and pads on the NC. I think perhaps the only benefit you might get from bigger calipers is a visual improvement.
In which case a set of grooved or drilled discs might be an interesting way to go.

The RX8 calipers and larger discs make a huge difference, less pedal effort and far better retardation.

The difference in weight between the std calipers and discs doesn’t upset the handling at all. We’ve fitted a set of Bilsteins from the Sport model along with the Eibach 30mm lowering springs already on the car.

The car is now much more predicable and compliant, all ready for our next outing at Snetterton next week. The only outstanding issue we need to test is brake performance when very hot, which is why we switched to the bigger discs and calipers.

In summary, the RX8 calipers and discs are a great improvement over the std setup. And at £280 for the complete setup, way cheaper that the big brake options which were looked at. And for a couple of pensioners on a tight budget, that makes a lot of sense!

1 Like

I’m sorry, I must apologise, I wasn’t aware you took the car to the track.
I’d agree that on a race track every fraction of a second is important.
I’d be very interested in seeing how you get on fitting them and the improvements you get.

Steeve, no problem, our focus has always been on a cheap, reliable track car which is also used to take the wives to the coast on sunny days.

The MX is now exactly what we were aiming for, although we may still look at a 4 branch manifold as a winter project. A bit more torque low down is what we’re after, I’ve seen 2 good candidates, just waiting for some input from an old colleague at Jansport.