Sad news to report

My sincere condolences… So sorry to hear of your loss.
Give it time, and the MX-5 will be fun again…

Take good care.

Rob

1 Like

It is indeed sad news. Sorry for your loss.

Barrie

1 Like

Sorry for your loss

1 Like

After my wife died in 2005 I sold the Mercedes 190E we used to go to Belgium for the day in. I soon regretted it and replacement cars were never as good

1 Like

Sincerest condolences to you and your family :heart:

1 Like

Sorry to hear of your loss. All the best to you for whatever you decide to do in the future

1 Like

Condolences and all my sympathy.
Time is needed for balancing emotions and relishing memories with acceptance rather than pain
Edoardo

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss.

It would be nice if there was a group for people in your situation. An MX-5 solo group. While you can still attend area meets, drives and events most attendees will be in couples. Probably not what you want at the moment.

Going out for a top down drive will not be the same with the empty passenger seat. However if it is to somewhere that you can sit and have a coffee with someone else in the same situation it just might make things a little less painful.

7 Likes

My condolences and deepest sympathies for your loss :heart:

1 Like

So very sad for your loss. Life does go on but that sadness and the fondest memories and love never leave you. Some material things in your life coupled with memories will give you the strength to carry on and the fun time you had on the road can only add to the process. Long may you enjoy your Maz.

1 Like

So sorry to hear your sad news,please keep up the mx5 ing,I’m sure you will once again enjoy the top down joy .
Take care Dave.

1 Like

So sad. Memories are all we have when we lose loved ones and your MX5 I believe will hold good memories for you.:heart:

2 Likes

Hello Mike Sorry to hear your sad news. My story is very similar to yours. We bought the MX5 in 2019 for the same reasons as you. Karen loved that car so much. But sadly she also passed away in February this year.
I am lost without her. Have you heard of Way-up? it’s an online group for people like us. This group has helped me a lot. They are very supportive, They do all sorts of meetings, chats, walks etc. As yet they don’t have a section for MX5s. Maybe we could change that. Very best wishes at this horrible time John

8 Likes

Deepest sympathy and our thoughts are with you and yours at this sad time

1 Like

sad news. one thing i’m sure of ,time alone will heal not selling your stuff.

1 Like

I am so sorry No words can say it is my worst nightmare to lose my wife after 51 years I am lucky I still have her I wish I had some words to comfort you

1 Like

Sincere condolences buddy. Stay strong!

1 Like

My MX-5 was my husband’s legacy to me - he was a superb engineer, but knew I couldn’t keep our classics going, so he instructed our friends to help me sell them after his death and to buy the ND, which I did. I also put his number plate on now - from the first classic he owned.
7 years on the pain doesn’t leave, it changes as time moves you away from that dreadful day, and becomes somewhat easier to bear. Now the joy of the car helps me deal with it so much better, makes me feel stronger, and is a testament to our love.
Enjoy your car, don’t sell it now, when your feelings are still so hard to cope with and numb and raw and all over the place.
I really feel for you and am so sorry to hear of your loss. You will find the courage to go on. And please keep that car - join your local members club - a great help. In my thoughts and prayers.

11 Likes

Sorry this was a late reply - been out of the country!

1 Like

To all of you, and your kind words, I thank you all deeply for taking the time to offer those words of encouragement.

My insurance renewal has come through and the amount has encouraged me to keep the car, using a multicar policy in addition to using my late wife’s car.

You are all a great bunch and you might never realise just how much I have appreciated your support.

Mike.

4 Likes