Sad news to report

I bought the MX-5 a few years ago for two reasons.

First of all to satisfy my urge to get back to open top motoring, after starting married life over 41 years ago with an MG Midget. Paying a mortgage stopped the fun back then.

Second, with retirement, it meant my wife and I would have gone full circle, back to the wind in the hair feeling once more.

A few weeks ago we had our last top down drive, to nowhere in particular… she just wanted to be out on the open road.

The pic is almost one year to the day, and shows our last real drive to Scarborough, before her condition got worse, after fighting cancer since 2017.

I am sad to say she has now gone, passing away in my arms a few weeks ago.

Will I keep the car now? Time will tell, but if I am absent from these hallowed pages, please bear with me. It has been fun…

33 Likes

and it will be again, just give it some time. Please don’t sell the car yet as it might just be your saviour.
:heart: :heart:

2 Likes

:heart:Condolences to you and your family.:heart:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this.

2 Likes

Sincere condolences to you and your family.
Try and keep the wind in your hair - I’m sure the feeling will bring back happy memories, eventually accompanied with a smile that’ll broaden as the weeks and months go by.

There’s a wonderful community of supportive people here - lean on us when you’re ready.

Take care Sir

:heart:

2 Likes

My sincere condolences. I lost my wife to cancer in 2005. I feel your pain.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear your sad news :pensive:

1 Like

Sorry to hear of your tragic loss… do what you need to do with the car but i am sure with time the same drive in a few years time in the same car you shared will help relive amazing times and memories.
Please accept my condolences

1 Like

Lost My Dad…Whitby 2009

His Ashes are on the North York Moors just above his Local

‘The Plough’ at Sleights [Where I had my Wedding Reception 1988…Hubbie Passed 1996]

Not Sure One Ever Stops Grieving…

Only You Can Decide Whether the MX5 is Good/Sad Memories

Just Take Your Time

Kindest & Empathy xx

1 Like

My heart goes out to you and your family.
Keep the car, keep the memories

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss.
Time is a great healer and you will need to remember good times.
A drive to those special places to remember, is a good thing to do.
Hopefully your memories and sunshine will help👍🏻

1 Like

Condolences and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

1 Like

my condolences dude…

1 Like

Please accept our sincere condolences for your loss. There is nothing that can be said to ease your loss at this time accept to say that you will have some fantastic memories and these are the things that will pull you through.

1 Like

Sorry to hear your news.
Hopefully you’ll remember the better times when you see the car sitting in the sunshine.

1 Like

Sincere condolences, take great care.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the loss of your wife, Mike. Perhaps keeping your mx5 will lead to you enjoying wind in your hair again and remembering the many good times you had with your wife. Look after yourself.

1 Like

Keep the car and never let go.

2 Likes

Mike,

So sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with you. Stay strong and remember all the goods times you and your wife had with the roof down. As others have said don’t rush into a decision you may come to regret.

1 Like

Mike

Sorry to hear of your sad loss. As others have already mentioned time is indeed a great healer. Perhaps the MX5 will help you to navigate the road ahead

You take care fella

Steven

1 Like