Saturday 17 September - chat thread -

Just booked the camping and the Eastern Region track session. Fingers crossed for a late summer that weekend Cool

Nice one merlot (Claire) see you there. I have a 20 litre fuel can which I will be filling with sunshine and bringing with me.

Thank you NickD. I’ve just got MX-5 back from it’s pre-trackday check. Tracking sorted AND I have 4 super grip new tyres filled with, would you believe it, Nitrogen.

I don’t know about feel no fear, but definitely feeling much more confident!! To all the guys out on track in the morning - watch out, I’m loving this Car even more.Wink 

Good on ya Susie, keep yer foot down but keep it smooth, and blimey, nitrogen in your tyres you are serious arnt you. Ill keep an eye out for you on  track.Sparkle Green mk2 , by the way what tyres have you got?

Mikey

Hi NickD 

They are Yokohama Prada 2 tyres - my brother in law is a mechanic - I must admit they do feel so much better and, more importantly, safer when going round bends - need wearing in a bit before I try anything serious but I did have a little ‘go’ when I picked her up.

The tyres have little green valves on them so I’m guessing that’s to show they are filled with Nitrogen and not air.

Dear All,

Please be aware that there is a race meeting on the main circuit.
For all attending cars and drivers, watching, on the runs etc, please inform security that you are with the MX-5 Owners Club and Mazda on Track on the Stowe circuit. Security will direct you, but basically it is turn right imediately after the security barriers.

Ideally can you bring your Club Membership card or mirror hanger just in case there is an issue, which there won’t be.
I have informed Silverstone that 99% of people will be in MX-5’s. However if you go on a run and find the driver behind you is wondering where all the race cars are, please direct them back to the circuit!