Scorpion immobiliser

hi all,

Im a new member and this is my first post so think I’m doing this correctly. I have a query about my immobiliser, its a scorpion and its quite an old setup as its on my mk1, I only have one fob and that already has cosmetic damage. I was hoping that scorpion could provide me with another but they no longer supply this and im scared that if it breaks i wont be able to start my vehicle. I’m not sure what step to take next, hopefully someone here can help me

Many thanks
Luke

There should be someone in your area that can replace your current immobilizer with a new one. We had our old one replace on the Eunos with no issues. Just cost to consider.

Thanks for reply, I will have a look around and see, how much did it cost you?

Welcome as new member Luke.

Old aftermarket immobilisers are just trouble waiting to happen in my opinion. After being stranded/locked out/won’t start more times than I care to remember, it was invariably the fault of an ancient immobiliser, usually badly installed. My advice would be to have it professionally removed, and the wiring tidied up.

I’m lucky, my cars are always garaged and I live in a low risk area so I was happy to do without one. You may not be so lucky, in which case you could have a new modern one installed.

Thank you for the advice, I might just consider that as was thinking of putting a fuel cut off switch in instead