Seat belt retraction. Or lack of…

I could not find any modified belt guides for the ND, so I emailed MX5 Parts and got the following reply

As far as we are aware, Mazda only updated the seatbelt guide for the NC model because there was an issue with slow retraction.
The ND model hasn’t had an updated seatbelt guide because as far as we know there hasn’t been a problem with slow retraction of the seat belt.

After washing the belt and applying the Tunap on two separate days, the retraction is much improved.

Apologies Harry! I did think you were referring to the NC MX5s. I too have never hear of a particular issue with ND seat belt recoil - hope you find a fix.

Best wishes, Steve L

Used silicone spray - little improvement. Washed and scrubbed - little improvement. Then sprayed after wash/scrub, noticeable retraction improvement but not ideal.

ND Now scrubbed and used Tunap result satisfactory but not retracting as well as other cars.

That is not quite true. The very early NDs had a guide where the belt could easily pop out of the guide even in normal use. Mine were replaced under warranty.
Obviously this was nothing to do with poor reaction.
:heart:

1 Like