Seat removal

I looking to remove the drivers seat on my 2004 sport. As there is a Hard to fitted which I don’t really want to disturb can u still remove the seat with the top in place ?

There’s only one way to find out.
I guess for the sake of a good deal of cursing and body contortion (pain in my case) it’s a whole lot easier to do it hood down, or for you top off.:grin:

There should be no need to remove the hard top in order to remove the seat.
They’re fitted by four bolts I think.
With the bolts removed the seat should lift straight out.
They are heavy so bare that in mind.
Proper and safe lifting practices need to be employed to look after your back. If it’s possible to get help I’d recommend someone else lifts the seat with you from the passenger side.
Use the backrest lever to make the seat as small as possible by tilting the backrest as far forward as it goes.
Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Just bear in mind too that the bolts can be an absolute sod to move. You may have to do what I did and resort to using a breaker bar for the leverage and a heavy dose of WD40 (other brands are available :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
As others have said, top down is best and if you have heated seats, you’ll need to disconnect the cable from underneath before you lift them out- these can be a wee bit stiff so might require some perseverance and an expletive. Other than that, it’s very straightforward a task.

Good luck!

1 Like

Just to confirm the seat came out easily with the hard top in place. Off to be refurbed etc

2 Likes

Good job :+1:
Well done. Hope the refurb goes well.