Seat revive

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC Sport
  2. I’m based near: __Reading
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Seat colour revive

Hi

Black Seats on the NC are looking dull and a little worn in places. What are the recommendations for a scrub/recolour. I have done a search but cannot find out if the leather is absorbent or not.

Thanks

Danny

1 Like

there are companies that can fix worn seats. I have used a car seat leather upholstery repair company in the midlands and you cannot see the replaced parts on my leather seats.

IMHO you you want it to look pristine DYI jobs are not the way to go.

1 Like

Thanks mate - not that bad really just wondered what a good “spruce up” option would be.

I had a scratched section that had a bodged repair on the passenger seat and a worn section on the driver side. Both panels replaced it cost me around 240 and the car was a day with them.

Imho if you need repair do it right and do it properly its the most economical way forward.

I have an NC and used this stuff, worked well but does need a touch up after a while on the bolster which was a bit white/worn looking to start.

You can either revive the leather with various products or recolour. I’ve recoloured a couple of cars, one back to black to get rid of the shininess and scuffs when the seat had worn back to the raw leather. The other was a recolour from blue to grey, both were successful, but you need to get a decent kit that strips the sealant, then preps, dyes, and finally reseals the leather.

Both times I used a kit from scratch doctor: