serpentine charity run 28th June 2009

Good run organised by the lotus group

But open to all cars…Last year there was nearly as many Mx5 taking part

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/serpentinecharityrun/

You have to register for a aplication form or pm me and i will send you a word doc containing it

I will be in attendance again this year

Alan

I have sent my cheque for the above event which, when I looked last week, has not been cashed.  Do you know whether I should receive anything in the post for confirmation of registration because, if that was the case, I have received nothing.

Thanks.

Regards
Dave  

Yeah this is still on

just called the guy who said info should go out by the end of the week.one of the organiser has been a liitle bust with homelife.

and if not meet at 09.30 at

Buxton community school

College Road, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 9EA

tea and butties will be available

Alan

Thanks Alan.  I am assuming those that are driving solo can “follow” somebody.  Endeavouring to read a map and driving a convertible is like pushing water uphill with a fork!

Regards
Dave 

Was a good day today about 35 cars turned up.
from mx5’s , all 3 versions of the Lotus Elan down to a old Riley and Morris Traveller.

Full tulips and a checkpoint card is issued at the start and everyone drives and stops when they feel like it

The first loo stop unveiled some long lost relics…No not my nads!

A Yard full of Old Trabants from eastern Europe and at least one from Greece.That blue traby estate is a rare one.
some old trucks and landies buried in there aswell…seems a waste of what will be a true classic vehicle (unsafe , unreliable drops oil and smokes)

95 miles of fab roads around Derbyshire and great weather.
ends at Buxton college a beautiful and alightly eerie place with strang echos.
Badge for the driver and a certificate for the navigator at the end…

I will be back next year…

Alan

Would like to echo Alan’s sentiments.  A great day - weather perfect - well I say perfect.  Did anyone else get stuck in that awful downpour of rain? 

I was travelling over Holme Moss (not the best place for a torrential downpour) and had to pull over cos I couldn’t see a thing - allied to the fact that my hood was down (with tonneau cover clipped into place!) meaning that I was caught completely cold.  When I got back home to Huddersfield the weather had been clear all day. 

it was also great to see an old Riley (not sure what model - perhaps someone out there knows), and a Morris Traveller.

Regards
Dave