Service 1.8 2011

Do you think this is a good price for a service. , I have a 2011 1.8 had it about 6 months
Its not got a full service history but thinking this would cover all bases

5/30 Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Ngk Iridium Spark Plugs, All Levels Inspected And Topped Up, Brake And Tyre Condition Check, Tyre Pressures, Gear Box Oil Change And Differential Oil Change, Brake Fluid Replace & Bleed, Clutch Fluid Replace & Bleed Coolant System (Antifreeze) Replace And Bleed. £380 + Vat

From an mx5 independent

Yes it does seem quite reasonable for all that’s included.

Based on the description sounds like it’s from MX5 Works?

Thinking of doing the same soon - so let me know how it goes! Seems they have a decent reputation.

If it’s not been done, consider getting the thermostat and possibly the water pump done while the coolant is drained. A new stat will probably drastically shorten warm-up time compared to an old tired one.

1 Like

All levels inspected and topped up plus they change all the fliuds?? Sometimes I wonder if these folks actually read what they type.

I had the Mazda basic service (inc. oil and filter) + MOT done for £319 at a Mazda main dealer just this week. I don’t think this would have included spark plugs, clutch fluid or coolant. Just so you can compare.

Thanks ,seems quite good value

For comparison, a 3 year service plan on a new SkyActiv-X Mazda3 (the oil costs more) is £899, so about £300 per service. No MoT, obviously, but includes the more expensive year 2 service and the Supra-X oil. Generally it works out a little cheaper on a plan and, of course, is inflation-proof.

Hi R,

Just be aware that Mazda dealers do not always use the Mazda oil. (I know two that don’t)

If this is important to you then verify what oil they will use before signing on the dotted line.
:heart: