Service issue

1. My model of MX-5 is: Nd 2015
  2. I’m based near: __Edinburgh
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __car stutters when changing gear from 1st to 2nd

Hi folks looking for some help I’ve just had my car serviced on Tuesday 12th I drove the car home only about 5 minutes away didn’t notice anything unusual car didn’t move again untill today when I drove it out the driveway as I went from 1st gear into 2nd gear the car started to jump it was like the fuel wasn’t getting through properly as I moved up the gears it wasn’t as bad but I could still feel that it wasn’t quite running as smoothly as it should never had any bother with this before anyone have any thoughts as to what’s happening

Cheers Gazza

Were the spark plugs changed or inspected?

Hi Robbie

According to the paperwork they changed the 4 spark plugs

Cheers Gazza

I’d suspect cracked spark plug insulation first then.

Hi Robbie

Sorry for my ignorance but I’m not very technical what does this mean ? I’m going back to the garage that carried out the service tomorrow so if u could explain to me what that means I would be so grateful

Cheers Gazza

If you know what a spark plug looks like, it has a white ceramic top which is an electrical insulator. This can get cracked during fitting of the spark plug. The crack then allows the high voltage to find a path to ground causing a miss fire.

Hi Robbie

Thanks for your advice very much appreciated

Cheers Gazza