Service Work

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can tell me is it safe to remove all three of the braces under the car at the same time so I can clean and waxoyl them?
Cheers Xavia

Hi Xavier, welcome to YR MX5OC area site.
There are not many YR members who visit this Area Discussion section, so you might get more responses by posting your query in the Steering & Suspension in the Technical Area section.
Sorry I can’t answer your query, as I’m not sure which version of MX5 you have or where the braces are located. If might be worth including more details of your car and brace locations, as this might help people understand which braces you want to remove.
Also it might be worth doing a forum search, as your query might have been discussed previously.
I have a Mk 2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport, which has some braces fitted to link & strength the chassis rails. They are not fitted to the more basic versions of the Mk2.5, so I think it should be possible to remove these braces by undoing one nut at a time. However, I’ve not tried to do this myself, so I can’t confirm that this would be OK.
Take care, George

1 Like

Thanks George