Servicing in Cambridgeshire - EMG still recommended?

Hi

After borrowing an MX5 in the summer, I decided to buy my own MX5 and joined the forums. I’ve got a NC mk3.5 that’s almost 9 years old, but very low miles, in mint condition, amazing to drive and loving it so far.

It’s been serviced by Mazda and I’m debating whether I should carry on with the Mazda servicing. I’m keen to take it to a garage that will look after it and knows what they are doing. I searched the forums and saw EMG in Cambridge were recommended 6 years ago and at the time an OC member Roadster Robbie worked there.

Is anyone here using EMG Cambridge for servicing and still recommend them? And if Roadster Robbie still works there, is it possible to request he works on it?

If not, is there anywhere else in Cambridgeshire recommended and can also update the digital service records?

Rich

Roadster Robbie no longer works there.

He now works for a training company that run the Mazda training courses for Mazda Dealer technicians.

Hi Rich

As previous post Robbie no longer works for EMG, regarding keeping service records up to date I am pretty sure you will have to stick with a Mazda dealership.

As far as servicing goes I still use EMG, the actual service work seems ok but it’s their admin/reception that let’s them down.

Not sure where you are based but quite a few owners go to Donald’s at Bury St. Edmund’s and find them very helpful.

Hopefully we will see you at some Eastern events soon.

Bill

As long as the bill is from a garage and there are details of the work done on the car with the registration number of the car, then Mazda UK will add that service to the Digital Service Record if you fax them the invoice or scan it and send an email with the attachment to customer services at Mazda UK.

It is very simple for your local garage to get access to the DSR. They need the mileage of the car when serviced.

Thanks Bill. I’m near Ely. Cambridge is convenient, but Bury isn’t too far if they do a good job. Good to know other owners go there. In fact just read a google review of Donalds that says worth the drive from Cambridge, preferred over EMG.

I looked at the events page on Wednesday and realised I’d just missed the pub meet up in Milton by a day. I’ll try and make the February one. 

Rich

Just make sure they don’t do a complementary ‘valet’ on your car. An owner on another forum I frequent had some work done there on his immaculate and cossetted MX-5 and it came back with damage to the paintwork that cost big money to put right. Luckily they managed to refinish the scratches and scuffs to an acceptable level. To give them their due they did agree to respray the damage panels if an acceptable repair couldn’t be done.

Probably best to get them to sign and say that the bodywork is in perfect condition before starting any work and mark the work sheet as ‘do not wash’.

Funny you mention that. I have a mate with a Mazda 6 that’s just told me his car probably (he didn’t spot it immediately) had both sills scratched after a service at EMG in Cambridge. He reckons it was the valet that did it too.

Donald’s it is then.

+1

BC Cars in Haverhill ?