Show me your Royal steering wheels?

It’s something to watch. I bought a second used stock wheel and sent it to RSW. What I received was fantastic but the new wheel wasn’t aligned. Tried one spline either way but no good. Really irritating. Luckily I was booked for alignment at Roddisons and a quick tweak and all sorted and aligned

2 Likes

That’s it Dave! If I’m being honest, my exchange wheel sits ever so slightly off centre? :thinking: perhaps I ought to get my alignment done :nerd_face:

1 Like

When I got mine done , after reading topics on the splines may be off , I bought a used wheel off eBay and fitted that to my car whilst mine was away a royal steering wheels , not sure if the spare was off or not . Happy to loan my spare to anyone local to stop this happening .:grinning:

2 Likes

That’s a good offer and guaranteed correct fitment when original gets fettled and refitted. :+1:

Barrie

3 Likes

While that’s probably true I would always recommend disconnecting the battery before dealing with anything airbag related. I’m fairly gung-ho when it comes to electrics in the car and never disconnect the battery except when dealing with the yellow wires. One small cock up and you could set off not only the airbag on the wheel but those in the seats and dash too

2 Likes

Mine done this year. Flat bottom with perforated sides, Alcantara top/bottom, red stitching and the red centre hoop. This is the second wheel I’ve had done by Royal, can’t recommend enough.

5 Likes

I had a Royal wheel fitted a few years ago to my Mk3.
Black Nappa leather top and bottom.
Perforated leather hand grips. Red stitching matched the stitching on the car.
I live nowhere near Royal, but it was worth the trip.
For just £15 he removed the old wheel and fitted the new one. It took about 30 minutes. It took away all the stress and uncertainty.
Very very happy with the result.

2 Likes

Not just a Mk3, the 25th anniversary model👍
Love this model, as prices are ATM I’ll have to dream until I can afford one.

Great choice of wheel finish too, similar to mine.:+1:

1 Like

And mine

1 Like

Perforated sides to match the Miyako seats
Grainy top and bottom
Red stitching to match the Miyako seats.

3 Likes

Can Royal or any other company recover this type of Momo steering wheel?..I like this thin ‘real’ fine leather rather than the more synthetic leather offered by some companies. But the car has some 22 years of use and the leather has several scratches and scars…

Fire off an email to him (Royal) and ask for exactly the same finish leather and as is thickness etc, enclose picture. You may need to be patient, sometimes he takes a while to respond.

4 Likes

That’s the best course of action without a doubt :+1: Jack will get back with a response at some point.

Barrie

4 Likes

In the fullness of time… :wink:

1 Like

Email sent, will post up the response once received, no rush.

1 Like

Afternoon all,

I’ve wanted one of these for ages but I’m really struggling to justify the costs… That is, I assume they’re not cheap.

Would any/all of you be willing to post a picture of your wheel and it’s respective cost and who/where did it? :smiley:

1 Like

ROYAL STEERING WHEELS

Both on NC’s, both with flat bottom modification, perforated and smooth leather, thumb grips and rim padding. They are great! Wouldn’t be without :+1: IIRC, £220 + £15 fitting on the first one but saved that as I fitted the second one myself, easy job. £100 on top as deposit of using their wheels on exchange but nothing if you either send them yours or go for fitting. I didn’t need to justify mine after I had the first one done :white_check_mark: great workmanship, great quality and totally alters the ‘feel’ when driving! Go on, you know you want to :joy:
The flat bottom is £50 so without that you’re looking at £170 (if prices haven’t changed).
Barrie

1 Like

Mine was £240 +£10 post. I had the square bottom plus different leathers. As said above well worth it, the workmanship is first class.

Mine pictured a bit further up the thread with the red inserts in the centre (I did that not Royal) cost if I remember around £155 + postage £10 and I supplied my own wheel so factor in the postage to send that to them could be around £175. Of course different leathers, thumb grips and all manner of extras pushes the price up.
For what I paid I wouldn’t hesitate in having another one done

I had one on my BMW Z3, well worth the cost, you will only do it once so fit the best fit Everer…oh wrong advert.

Really though every time you get in your car your hands are on the wheel (or should be depending how much you’ve drunk) but you rejoice in the tactility of the Royal steering wheel it kids you into new car feel and freshens up the interior.

A joy to hold and behold.

1 Like