Silverstone and Donington Park best viewing

Good afternoon. I’m planning on some BRSCC trips this year and would be keen to see if anyone has any recommendations for the best viewing at Silverstone and Donington at all? Happy for it to be grandstand or own seating. I am going to Snetterton, Cadwell park and brands hatch too but have been to those. I have decided Croft and Angelsey are too far from me in Norfolk for a day trip! Thanks in advance

I used to try and park on the infield at Donington (accessed under the back straight under the half tyre bridge) opposite the run up from the Old Hairpin through Starkey’s to McLeans. Always plenty of action there.
The grandstand at Redgate gives you an even better view near toilets and 5 minutes from the pits and you can wander down to the old Hairpin if you feel like it.
I have stood at Coppice in the past, which gives you close viewing.
McLeans camping and parking always looks pretty full so must be popular. Never tried it though.

2 Likes

Silverstone is pretty dreadful , thanks to the huge run off areas and other facilities demanded by F1 . Village is slow , but not too bad as you get a lot of overtaking there . Brooklands / Luffield is good-ish , especially if the BRDC grandstand has been opened up for we proles. As it was for last weekend’s CSCC meeting.

Donington has also been ruined , thanks to its ill fated attempt at getting a GP . I first went in 1978 and you were far ,far closer to the track at Redgate and Old Hairpin . These days the best place to watch by far is the entry to the chicane - but viewed from the outfield and accessed by the tunnel .

Cadwell is the best circuit you are going to for viewing, but Brands is fab too . Do try Anglesey though - it is a fabulous track with terrific viewing , especially up at Rocket and the setting is utterly stunning

1 Like

Agree completely regarding Anglesey… stunning views with lots to look at when cars not barrelling around the track. The whole course is walkable, so you can find your own favourite spot.

Lots of B&B, hotel, caravan, camping available on the island; make a weekend of it while enjoying the drive there and back :+1:

Thank you. That’s great. Shame about angelssey but I can’t get the Saturdays off in the summer time. I will keep an eye out if the races happen earlier or later in a season and make an effort to go!

And if you have never been to Goodwood , go to the Members’ Meeting or Revival and walk round to St Mary’s when heavy metal like TVR Griffiths (the original 60s one ) , Cobras or Galaxies are on track. Most of the Ruperts and Henriettas don’t stray far from the startline/ Madgwick area , and there is nowhere better to watch big, fast and noisy cars drift at huge speed . Bloody magic it is , and you can get away without wearing mustard yellow cords and/ or daft Peaky Blinder hat too .

1 Like

With regards to Donington, how easy is it to park inside the circuit? Not been there for a few years now (pre MSVR) on club race weekends Brands hatch is great, just drive in and park where you want, car is always close by. Same with Combe TBH.
Cheers
Del

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.