Silverstone Classic 2021

To be clear, as I understand the process…

You print off your admission tickets, and programme voucher if booked

The car permit is posted to you separately

2 Likes

Yeah my car pass turned up this morning! Super excited!

1 Like

My car pass came in the post this morning :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: however I notice that (unlike previous years) the vehicle registration number is blank! Anybody else have this too or is it perhaps just an oversight on my ticket? :thinking:

Yes, and your phone number too. The only info unique to you is the transaction number.

So it appears as if you’re free to change your car or your reg no right up to the last moment.

No sign of our tickets as yet!

As detailed above, tickets are digital but car display permits are posted

1 Like

Thanks Ian, much clearer, as we have booked the OC car club display package for the Saturday, in our mind there were ‘tickets’, we booked on the 4th June 2021 and as I said still no sign of the ‘package’

[quote=“RichardFX, post:24, topic:116629”]
Yes, and your phone number too. The only info unique to you is the transaction number.

Oh good, so its not just me then!

1 Like

OUR ‘display pass’ arrived in the [post this morning…will we still need entry tickets as we have only booked for the saturday…
@ian.prossor
Ian I have tried your link but says error…
regards
Patricia

@ian.prossor
Whoops! your link does work, all I had to do is sign in and as you say there are my 2 tickets for Saturday…
regrds
Patricia & John Wheeler

Thanks to @ian.prossor and my wife Patricia for sorting out and printing off our etickets for the saturday, the club display pass arrived in post this morning…
regards
john

1 Like

Would anyone be able to clarify a few things for me as it’s my first time attending the classic as part of the club.

• will my weekend tickets as part of the car club entry count for 2 adult tickets every day, or if someone wants to come with me will they have to buy their own for each day?

• is it fine to leave in the evening and come back the next morning every day, providing I get my ticket scanned on the exit each day?

• I haven’t got the option to print my tickets yet on the website, but I assume this will become available within 2 weeks of the event?

1. Yes, they seem to have removed the ability to view them since I made my earlier post) but when you can there will be two separate adult tickets.
  2. Yes, I am doing the exact same as I am not camping, still working out if I can leave with my car or not though…
  3. I think I was lucky when I could do that and I wasn’t supposed to be able to! Should be accessible soon I think.
1 Like

Brilliant thanks so much for your help! :smiley:

I have just received the ticket for the Car Club display, but unfortunately due to a total knee replacement at the end of June I now can’t make the event. What do I need to do now?

Give it away or flog it.

As my wife will only attend Silverstone at gunpoint I will have a spare 3 day ticket . It is free of charge but I expect the donee to make a donation to my nominated charity .

I am unsure how things will work this year . Obviously it is for a person , not a car , and I will have to leave it to the donee to check they can enter separately to me . It hasn’t been a problem in the past.

PM me if interested . First come first served .

**ETA - now gone to good home **

If anyone is still having difficulty in downloading tickets for Silverstone Classic from the “new account”, make sure you have the ad-blockers turned off.

While waiting for my re-gas today in Kwikfit I had a brief chat to the similarly aged owner waiting while four new tyres were fitted to his immaculate old 280 SL pagoda-top, and comparing notes on cars etc. I found out he is also going. But he was muttering because he had not seen his tickets yet.

I asked him about the ad-blockers on his phone, and after he turned them off there were his tickets to download to the phone.

I meant to mention this here a couple of weeks ago when I printed mine, but was distracted.

1 Like

Just got the official email from Silverstone Classic letting me know tickets are now available to download

2 Likes

Please read the Covid notes in the Silverstone FAQs

In addition to the usual checklist for going out in the NC, (tickets, car pass, wallet, camera, sun hat, sun cream, jungle gel, hay-fever pills, etc) this time I’m adding Vaccination Card, spare Face Masks, and some spare free-from-the-chemist Covid Test kits, just in case someone gets antsy.

We’ll be testing before we set out, actually first thing before breakfast and teeth etc, because the test requires nothing to eat or drink for at least half an hour before it and takes a bit more than 30 mins to do the test and show the result.

1 Like