Silverstone Classic 29th - 31St July 2016

I’m really interested in going to Silverstone Classic. I was thinking of doing either 2 or 3 days camping. As I will probably be going on my own, was wondering if we all meet up when we get there? Do we tend to meet up as a group or just do our own thing? Woud it mattered if I came on my own?

Cheers, Juliet

I/we have been for the last 9 years or so, but stay at a friends or B&B as camping is not for me. But I would not worry about being on your own, as there is usually an average of a hundred cars on the club stand every day, so plenty of people to talk to and plenty of track action and trade stands to view. Once you get to the circuit main gates you will be directed towards the dedicated club parking area, which will be easy to find.

Cool, thank you for your reply. That’s great to hear that there will be a club stand and lots of people to take to! It sounds like a really fun weekend with lots of fun things to do! I have also just discovered that you get 2 adult tickets for the price of one, so maybe I can take a friend along. Great, thank you. 

Yes that is correct. You need to use the MX5 Club booking code (Club Discount code SCC16011). You can do it online , but I always ring and order mine. You need to make sure that they include an “infield car pass” as this allows you to park on the club display area. So you should get x2 tickets for however many days you book and the infield pass.

Cool, thank you Phil H. I’ve just booked tickets for 3 days!

I’ve also booked camping too. I really enjoy camping so will be fun!

We always do the three days and the evening concerts round of a day’s racing very well. All we can hope for is reasonable weather and it should be another great weekend.

Yeah the music will be good too. Looks like a really fun weekend, yay. I haven’t been to Silverstone circuit before so will be interesting to see what the circuit is like. Fingers corssed for sunshine!

I’ll be going to the Silverstone Classic for the first time this year. I’ve booked for three days, staying at a hotel nearby. I’ve arranged to meet some friends on the Sunday but otherwise no plans.

Should I just turn up at the club stand, or should I contact someone from the club beforehand?

Once you get to the main gate, you will be directed towards the infield Club Stand. So yes, just turn up as there will be plenty of people about and loads happening on track and around all the other club stands/traders.

Getting concerned about the tickets arriving. I received a notification of despatch 8th July but they’ve still not arrived in the post yet, 5 days later. Have others now received their tickets?

Mine arrived today

My “Friday” tickets arrived last week !

Hey ho, just had this e-mail. No idea why they didn’t say that in the first place rather than imply that tickets were being sent in the post.

“Your tickets will be available for collection from the ‘Ticket Collections’ booth located in Car Park 50A. You will need to quote your order reference number, and your card that you used to place the
booking.”

Had an email yesterday (the 13th) advising that tickets had been dispatched and they turned up today (the 14th). All present and correct.

Received mine on 9 July.

Latest update from Silverstone promises “Fast Freddy” Spencer and a Porsche 919 … getting itchy!

Our tickets arrived a couple of days ago. We will only be joining you on Saturday this year unfortunately but are really looking forward to it anyway! 

See you all there! 

Claire, Nick and Pumpkin MX5

I have had to swop makes of car I was bringing to Silverstone Classic, I will now be bringing my mx5.  I am aware that I can visit the ticket office in car park 50a to change reg numbers.   I would just like to know which infield car parking area you are In.

Zone 19. See you there!

Zone 19. Go in main entrance to roundabout, straight on to security barrier, over bridge to roundabout and it should be a grassed area on the right.

Ken relaxing hard!We managed to make Friday and Saturday and it was a really great couple of days. I reckon I’ve been to all but 2 of the Classics, right back since it was the Coys Historic and it’s always a superb event!

Many thanks to P.J. & Ken for meeting, greeting and organising the parking once more.

Steve & Gay