Silverstone South 16-07 (evening)

53 places still left.

Last yr most RTOC cars came out did several laps & called it a day Big Smile

Steve

How are you involved with RTOC…?

I’m not it’s a bit like MLR etc etc a cheap trackday is what it’s all about.

Will be several MX5 there see you Sat.

So I guess there will be enough places left on saturday without booking.

Hope I will have time to come Smile

Be good to see you if u can make it Cool

I think I could made it for tomorrow… if there’s no heavy rain. Which will be quite tricky when you take a look at tomorrow forecast Sad

crapy weather Angry

Very wet wet wet, but had some excellent drifts round the hairpin.

But was not ready for the couple of adventures at the EssesStorm CloudUmberellaStorm CloudEmbarassed

Let me know if you fancy Donington? 

When I saw the sun coming out in the afternoon, I was beginning to deeply regret that I didn’t come! Confused

But with your feedback (and the 2 others on mx5nutz), I’m quite glad I didn’t put my crapy oem yokos on track (huge drifts and spins at silverstone were enough for me… fortunately walls were very far from the track).

Donington is too expensive on full days for me (for the moment) and too far for just an evening. I think I will go for Keevil and Abingdon (airfields tracks Embarassed) to improve my driving on cheap trackdays, before coming to more skilled tracks Wink

Hope to see you there.

It’s only like me going to Silverstone?

1 hr away & easy journey.

Defo one of the best circuits in UK.

Thats me also on NutzCool 

Nop 2hrs to Donington (and Mallory as well) from Oxford (actually I’m leaving a bit souther).

I’ll definitely go there one day but not in the following months (got f***ing french salary tax to pay in few weeks and that’ll deeply hurt the wallet after holidays Angry).

Hope you will have a sunny trackday for once Wink

Look forward to see your feedback (here, on nutz or mx-5 Cool)

Mallory was monumentally wet, but strangely I really enjoyed the day. Didn’t lose it on track for the first time ever wet or dry!!! and it has built up my confidence in wet driving and put in some good times too for a wet track. I figure this being blighty, may as well get used to driving in the wet lol Wink

Thanks for telling me about the rtoc event.

How were the laps with the loon Paul??Shock 

Good fun, tho it got cut short as the red flag came out…but found out how fast one can go in the wet!

Hi,

Just seen this thread and posts. Interested in the camera equipment you use to capture these moments.

Can you give me more info on the equipment?

Martin

Hi Martin

I haven’t used a camera yet, but my research has led me to the Go Pro Hero which seems to have the best pics at speed. I have just picked one up, will install and report in due course.

Thanks iggy,

The results from that camera should be outstanding. I guess you have the standard model and not the HD one yeah?

Look forward to your “review” and videos.

BTW, where did you purchase the Go Pro Hero; here in the UK?

Martin