Sizewell Power Station Tour 13th Sept - FULL UP!

Meet 9.45am B&Q South car park, off Hall Road Norwich NR4 6FB, for 10am departure.

Half hour run to The Broken Egg café, Hill Farm, Redenhall Road, Harleston, Norfolk IP20 9QN. Good hour for breakfast, leave 11.45am for 45 mins run to Sizewell B Power Station, IP16 4UE. 1pm Guided tour booked.

Sizewell B is the UK’s only Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) and also the most modern nuclear power station in the UK. Our guided tour will include the Visitor Centre offers an insight into this technology.
We must allow up to 3 hours for this visit. All site tours include a safety and security briefing and the issue of relevant PPE (personal protective equipment). It is a walking tour, mostly outdoors, and is 1.65 miles long. There are restrictions on taking specific items on to site. This includes (but not exclusive to) weapons, cameras, mobile telephones, video recording equipment and all GPS tracking devices – including fitness watches.

I must supply the following details of each member of the group attending:

Full Name

DOB (DD/MM/YYYY),

Nationality

Reg Home address.

This must be done 4 weeks in advance of the visit. Hence the very early posting for this Norfolk Fives mid-week run.

On the day each visitor will require an ‘in date’ European or UK passport or UK photo driving licence for access via security. Any address on either of those two documents must correspond with the address previously submitted to me and forwarded to Sizewell. No identification will result in no tour.

However, if you cannot provide either relevant Passport or Driver’s Licence then you should bring two of the following original documents:
· Birth certificate
· Bank credit or debit card (in date)
· Bank statement
· Utility bill (in visitor name) - mobile phone bill is not acceptable
· Council tax bill
· Paper driving licence
Again any address on the above documents must be the same as on ID (DL/PP) shown on the day.

We should come away ‘glowing’ with facts and figures and a fuller understanding of this technology. How about a nice lurid green ‘Uranium’ limited edition MX5.

Tour ends about 4pm. Some might feel a stop for tea essential if not then we’ll head for home. I have a return drive sorted to Norwich avoiding A14 & A140 with journey time about an hour and a half. Feel free to find your own way back or peel off as necessary. So it seems we may be back in the Norwich area anytime between 5.30 and 6.30pm depending on tea.

By now you’ve fallen asleep. However should you wish to join us I think it’s best that you email required details to me and NOT post them on the Forum.

Please REPLY on the Forum to this topic merely to indicate your participation once confirmed you are on the list please send me by email the details required.

All meals are made to order and there may be a wait during busy periods so please be patient and enjoy the view.

Broken Egg Breakfast £11.95

2 Sausages, 2 Bacon, 2 Eggs & Hash Browns, served with Sautéed Mushrooms,
Tomatoes, Baked Beans & your choice of Toast, (White, Brown or Gluten free)
Add Black Pudding for £1

Lighter Breakfast £10.50
Sausage, Bacon, Egg, Hash Brown, served with Sautéed Mushrooms,
Tomato, Baked Beans & your choice of Toast, (White, Brown or Gluten free)
Add Black Pudding for £1

Hungry Breakfast £10.50
2 Pancakes topped with Golden Syrup,
served with 2 Sausages, 2 Bacon & Scrambled Eggs on the side

Vegetarian Breakfast £11.95
2 Vegan Sausages, 2 Eggs, Hash Browns, served with Sautéed Mushrooms,
Tomatoes, Baked Beans & your choice of Toast, (White, Brown or Gluten free)
(Sausages are NOT gluten free)

Lighter Vegetarian Breakfast £10.50
Vegan Sausage, Egg, Hash Brown, served with Sautéed Mushrooms,
Tomato, Baked Beans & your choice of Toast, (White, Brown or Gluten free)
(Sausages are NOT gluten free)

Pancake Stack £7.75
3 Pancakes stacked with a choice of 2 of the following;
Golden Syrup, Squirty Cream, Mixed Fruit Compote or 2 slices of Bacon

Eggs Benedict (Ham) OR Eggs Florentine (Spinach) £8.50
English Muffin topped with either Ham or Spinach; with Soft Poached Eggs finished with Hollandaise sauce

Omelette £7.50
Four of our own farm Eggs, lightly seasoned with a choice of 2 fillings: Cheese, Ham, Tomato, Mushroom, Bacon

Scrambled Eggs £6.95
Four of our own farm Eggs Scrambled served on your choice of Toast,
(White, Brown or Gluten free)

Poached Egg on Toast £6.50
Two of our own farms poached, served on your choice of Toast,
(White, Brown or Gluten free)

Sausage OR Bacon Sandwich/Bap £5.00 (Vegetarian sausages available extra £1.00)

Toast and Jam £ 2.50
2 slices of Toast served with either Jam or Marmalade

Toasted Teacakes/Sausages Rolls and Homemade Cakes are also available

Beefburger £13.00
Beefburger topped with Cheese, Bacon served in a Bap, Hand Cut Chips, Onion Rings and Homemade Slaw.
Fish and Chips £13.00 Cod in a light batter, Hand Cut Chips and Peas
Scampi and Chips £11.50 Scampi served with Hand Cut Chips and Peas
Sausage and Mash £11.50 3 Sausages, Buttery Mash, Peas served with gravy (vegetarian option available)
Ham, Eggs and Chips £9.95 Sliced Ham, Hand Cut Chips, 2 of our own farm Eggs
Jacket Potato £9.50
Served with Dressed Side Salad, Homemade Slaw and choice of filling; Cheese & Beans, Tuna Mayo, Ham, Prawn, Chicken & Bacon in mayo
Salad £9.50 Mixed Salad with a choice of; Prawn, Tuna Mayo, Cheese, Ham, Chicken & Bacon in Mayo served with Homemade Slaw and a Fresh Baked Baguette
Omelette and Chips or Salad £10.50 Four of our own farm Eggs, lightly seasoned with a choice of 2 fillings: Cheese, Ham, Tomato, Mushroom, Bacon, served with Hand Cut Chips or Dressed Salad

(If you have any specific dietary requirements AND for allergen information, please talk with a member of staff)

1. David Broken Egg breakfast, white toast
  2. Paul Broken Egg breakfast (no egg), brown toast
  3. Linda Eggs Florentine
  4. Richard C One Poached egg on white toast
  5. Peter Lighter Breakfast - Joining us at cafe
  6. Rachel Lighter Breakfast - Joining us at cafe
  7. Brendan Hungry breakfast
  8. Graham Broken Egg breakfast, white toast
  9. Phill Broken Egg breakfast, white toast
  10. Rona Lighter Breakfast
  11. Phil Lighter Breakfast
  12. Ian Sausage bap

Final details sorted on breakfasts.
Any problems on the day, best to phone me (07957 164906) and NOT use Forum messaging system.

David

David just confirmation that I would still like to do this if you get a large enough group to make it viable.

1 Like

Yes please!
[background ticking noises]
(Not great, not terrible)

Brendan I’ll add you to the list.

David

Hi David could add Phill and myself to the list please. Many thanks Graham

Graham,
Have added you and Phill to ‘the list’.
Cheers
David

Please add Phil and me, will send data to your email address as requested.

Rona,
Will add you and Phil to ‘the list’. Looks ever more promising that this will actually ‘run’.

David

Yes please.

Ian,
Will add you on in a moment. Thanks for the details sent by Personal message system.
David

Hi David did you get the personal message I sent you via email?
Many thanks Graham

Oils we both have the lighter breakfast please , thanks.

Should say could not oils! Thanks

“Hungry Breakfast” Please :slight_smile:

This snuck up, didn’t realise it’s only next week!

EDIT: May have to join you all at breakfast and go on from there

Brendan,
We must leave at 10am sharp so if you’re not meeting us at B&Q South let me know and then we’ll see you at The Broken Egg cafe.
David

1 Like

I’ll meet you all at the cafe, safest plan…

OK Brendan, cafe it is. David

1 Like

Thank you for organising a great day out yesterday. Really interesting and a good run.

Ian

Thank you again David for organising yesterday really enjoyed it.
Graham