Sizing up NC tyres

I was about to say I’ll get the popcorn for this thread but I have a question about whether folks ever size up on NC 17” from 205 to 215 and benefits / pitfalls

I use 215 s handles road humps better as my cars reasonably low and also better prices than 205s
less marks on rims as well as they are less inclined to catch the edge of some big potholes etc

2 Likes

Mine came wth 215 45 17s, it rides and handles very well, especially on track.

1 Like

Mine is fine with 215s, better rim protection from catching a kerb, and the speedo is almost bang on accurate with them when compared to satnav.

Hope this helps!
Brian.

1 Like

Thx folks - think I will size up when I change (not getting on with the tyres the car came with)

Another 215 user here.

Oddly enough - when shopping - I found the 215 cheaper than the 205

2 Likes

I’ve recently replaced mine with the same, it came with 215’s on (previous owner) so ditto replacements. I spoke to Nick at a rally about 2-3 years about the 215’s and he confirmed it was fine.
Nick fitted mine just last year. I think they also look better on a lowered car than the 205’s, my opinion of course.

1 Like

Another 215 user here. Think they’re a slightly more popular size, hence pricing can be a bit more competitive :+1:

1 Like

You may need to inform your insurers if they are different from standard but I’m not certain. There may be some latitude with slight changes in size.

1 Like

Thx all - thinking of making use of the 15% discount today on Blackcircles for PS5
More expensive than Khumo PS71 but I tend to like Michelins

BlackCircles have a 20% code active on Ebay ( LEAP20 ), plus tyre fitting is £1 per tyre at an installer of your choice.

For example : Avon ZV7 215/45/17 is £84 fitted via Ebay.

2 Likes

Excellent suggestion, I picked up a similar deal around this time last year, by going to Blackcircles via eBay.

Kumho PS71 also available. A set works out at just over £311, equivalent of £78 per tyre, fitted :+1:

For comparison, I paid £72 per tyre fitted for PS71s with the deal last year.

@rhys-mainwaring - if you’re sold on going with some Michelins, PS5s would work out cheaper direct with Blackcircles, as there’s a maximum discount of £75 with the eBay code :+1:

1 Like

Still thinking about whether to go Kumho or PS5 - car only gets used in the dry / summer. Can’t think too long otherwise I might miss the boat on both deals…

I went for Goodyear Asymmetric 6 in the end 215 width - fitting on Friday. And yes have fessed up to my insurer as well :blush:

2 Likes

Did it increase your premium ?

I declared lowering springs at the same time as the extra width and both came to £10 after the admin charge with about 4 months left on my policy so difficult to say, but it was pretty negligible

They’re great tyres, very grippy. I’m more than happy with mine.

1 Like

Another thumbs up here for 215s

1 Like