Skid Pan Experience - An invite to join South Central at Thruxton Motor Circuit on Monday 10th July 2023

Hi Everyone,

We have been contacted, along with Wessex & Oxford Areas, by Mark McNally of South Central Group, as he is organising a day on the skid pan at Thruxton on Monday the 10th July 2023.

Mark has been able to secure the whole facility for the day and has 32 spaces available, with each person getting 30 minutes, or so, on the skid pan in one of Thruxtons cars that is for dedicated use on the skid pan in a safe and controlled environment.

The skid pan team will help you develop the skills needed to correct and control a sliding car, a situation that you may encounter on public roads. Not only is this great fun, but more importantly a hugely worthwhile investment in your own and your passengers’ safety :+1:

Unlike many venues,Thruxton use modern front and rear-wheel-drive car, so that you will understand and feel how the electronic safety systems, fitted as standard to most cars, will help in adverse conditions, but also how to control a sliding car when all the systems are switched off relying on pure driver skill. We feel this will give you the best preparation for anything the roads and weather may throw at you.

The cost per driver cost is £56.25 and Mark is currently running a names list, in expression of interest order.

Payment to the venue is due 6 weeks before the event - so Mark’s plan is that any unpaid places (of the first 32 names) would be released 8 weeks prior to anyone else who expressed interest on a first come first served basis and once Mark has an idea of numbers, he will be taking payment via PayPal.

There is also a café just by the skid pan, where those that attend this event can grab some lunch :hamburger: :fries: :coffee: :smiley:

If any Solent Area Members would be interested in this event, they would be most welcome to join in and are requested to let Mark know and he will add you to the group list on; Mark@markmcnally.co.uk Also, please copy in, for info, Alan West & Paul Milbourn (South Central AC’s) on; southcentral@mx5oc.co.uk :+1:

Best Regards

The Solent Team

1 Like

I would be pleased to be involved if they go on general release!

HI Steve,

Which Area do you belong to, as I cannot find you on the Solent Area List?

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal

Could you please include both myself and Roz on the list?

I’ve done many skid pan sessions over the years, and they have always been very valuable!

regards
Philip

(Email now sent, as requested)

I am in the South West so if you open up to other areas, I would like join, having just used a Bristol roundabout as an impromptu skid pan

Steve,
Attendance isn’t limited to people from specific areas, I reached out to local group coordinators (to me) as it was more likely to be of interest to people closer to the track, and didn’t think of the West side - my apologies :frowning: didn’t think of the other side of the track…
I’m coming from Wales that morning, would be more fun to do the drive down with company if you fancy :slight_smile:
When speaking to the venue, the thought was that most people would use their own cars to maximise the benefit of the experience - nothing better than knowing what your own car will do…
happy to add you to the list… :slight_smile:
Mark

Hi Philip,
Added you and Roz and emailed you.
Mark

Mal,
Apologies, should have said in the email that the plan was that we used our own cars.
They have a Mk4 I’m sure can be used if anyone would prefer to use one of theirs… :slight_smile:
Mark