Sleeping policeman

I have been using a council run Gym for about eight months now, and usually use my Qhashqai, until one day last week I had to use my Mk1 Roadster . There are Sleeping policemen on the council road into and onto their car park. They have never bothered me before in my Quashqai before, but when I went in my Raodster one day last week the bottom of the car scraped the top of one that is i now know is a bit higher than the rest of them. As I am getting on in years I have to pick the days that I get under the car, which i have not yet done. If I have done some damage to the underside of the car, Can I claim off the council for any repairs that may be required to the car, and if so is there a particular departent I need to get in touch with?

My take is that you would have to prove negligence on their part.

I can’t use my MX-5 to go to the gym for this same reason :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

All that’s happened is a bit of scraping to the chassis rails. Put on some underseal and forget about it. Is the Roadster standard road height? Being a JDM car, it could also be argued it was never intended for UK roads.

Unsure of legalities, but on a trip through Norway we got hit by this stink…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.