Slieve Croob and Kirkiston (09/11/2014)

Slieve Croob and Kirkiston

When: 09/11/2014 11:00

Sunday 9th, November 2014 11.00am at Sprucefield

Proceed to Dromara via Hillsborough.
Take A1 South towards Newry, then take second exit for Hillsborough.
Turn right and follow signs for Dromara, drive straight through Dromara village and follow signs for Rathfriland.
3 miles after leaving Dromara village go straight through Finnis village.
Take 2nd sign for Slieve Croob scenic loop.
Turn left following sign for Slieve Croob.
Travel straight through Leitrim village.
Follow road to the end and turn left (sign post Castlewellan).
At mini roundabout go left and drive straight through Castlewellan and on to Clough village.
Go through Clough village and turn left towards Belfast.
Stop at Brennans’ garage for Ice cream-- on right after Seaforde. [Toilets and coffee stop] Leave Brennans’ via back gate and follow signs for Loughinisland.
At Loughinisland village turn right and go to end of road then turn right again towards Downpatrick and take sharp left towards Strangford.
Proceed to Strangford to catch ferry. Ferry crossing to Portaferry, round to Quinton bay (depending on time and ferry crossing) and on to Kirkiston.
Leave Kirkiston and on to Newtownards with a quick stop at Scrabo tower and then on to the TT Restaurant in Comber for tea.
As a lot of mx5’s are off the road for winter it will be OK to turn up in your everyday car.
SUNDAY MENU
Starters

Minestrone Soup - served with crusty bread £4.25
Sticky Pork Belly Bites – tossed salad & coleslaw £5.95
(V) Wedge Of Brie – wrapped in filo pastry, tomato, balsamic & chilli jam £4.95
Prawn & Apple Salad - fresh wheaten & marie-rose £5.95

Chicken Liver & Brandy Parfait – red onion marmalade, melba toast £5.45
Crispy Oriental Chicken – stir-fry vegetables, honey, soy & chilli dressing £5.95
Mains

Roast Rib Of Beef £10.95
served with yorkshire pudding & rich gravy

Pan-Fried Medallions Of Pork Fillet £10.95
mushroom pepper sauce

Herb Crusted Haddock Fillet £10.95
sun-dried tomato cream sauce

Breast Of Chicken £10.95
red wine, mushroom & smoked bacon sauce

Honey Glazed Ham £10.95
creamed leek sauce
all above mains served with champ, roast potatoes and fresh vegetables-

(V) Roast Cajun Vegetable Pasta - peppers, onions, mushrooms & cherry tomatoes tossed with penne pasta in a creamy tomato & Cajun sauce topped with parmesan & garlic ciabatta £9.95
2 courses £12.95 3 courses £15.95
Menu may vary Slight changes.
See More

Hi, I’m still new to this forum & learning my way around. Also just bought an mx5 & just signed up to the club. Do I need to meet anyone before attending or can I just turn up on the day?

Thanks (in advance) for your help,

Chris

Hi and welcome, I have only been in the club a few months myself and been an mx5 owner for around 6 months, I have just turned up on the day for the runs I have been on. When the runs start in Sprucefield it’s in McDonalds car park.
I am not far from you in Comber And plan on doing the same run also, if you would like to meet up before hand or too run to Sprucefield together on the day so you don’t arrive alone just drop me a PM.

Are you all doing a few laps of Kirkistown?

Hi I don’t think so?
I believe there’s a track day on that day at Kirkstown? So somehow I don’t think they will let people on the track with there Mx5’s but I might be wrong?!
Also it looks like a super day out & looking forward to it!

I would quite like to do a few laps if possible, Ian I will bring the alloy wheel to show you.

Yeah there’s a Trackskills track day on that day, which I’m doing.

great run out today and my first ever visit to Kirkstown which could become an addiction… thanks for the day folks.

while I am here I seem to have driven off with one of the guys hat that he kindly lent me. if anyone knows the man ith his grandson in the red Mk1 let him know I have his cap and can send it back to him if I get his address.

That was an excellent run yesterday a great day out, my daughter enjoyed the 10 laps out on track in the MX5 race car, was nervous about getting into the car and having to wear a crash helmet but when the run was over she wanted to do it again she loved it so much it really made her day. I wish I could have a run in the Ferrari 458 and the meal afterwards in the TT in Comber was a nice way to finish of the day…
( We will say nothing about 1/2 the club seeing my daughter walking into the big yellow sign while waiting for the ferry, she was so embarrassed )
[(yy)]
PS she took some footage of yesterday so she is trying to make a small video for a school project so will try and get it online for you all to see.

that will be worth seeing. she certainly looked like she had fun and my two daughters were very jealous of her when I told them.

Where you the guy that had the run in the Mini Clubman? How did it go?

Anyway she has managed to make and upload her first ever video to YouTube as a project for school, took us sometime to do and you may have to adjust settings to 720p but we will get better at it as we make some more videos.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DA7nuX_OxHs&app=m&persist_app=1

Yep I went out in the clubman and it was brilliant. Like a gocart. The guy just threw it at bends. Wild craic.