Slow puncture

1. My model of MX-5 is: __nd
  2. I’m based near: __chard
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __
    brand new tyres done less than 100 miles got a slow puncture screw in the tyre. phoned up two local tyre centres near me not interested (sorry sir were very busy at the moment) I bet if I was ordering four new Michelins they wouldn’t be so busy. any way decided to put a plug in myself seems to be holding air will wait and see

It’s strange you’d get turned away as it’s a labour only job so cash in their pocket for a half hours work.

It’s dissappointing really that firms carry on like this, only times I’ve ever had punctures I was lucky enough to roll up and they sorted it there and then.

My local garage sorted my puncture out a few years ago. I initially found the tyre fitters unhelpful when they didn’t want to remove the alloy due to the locking nut being slightly worn. Long story ensued but my local garage sorted it out for me and repaired the puncture without any drama or fobbing me off.

Whenever I have a puncture I’ll take the wheel off and leave it at the garage. It saves a lot of hassle for everyone, and I’m not hanging around. Usually costs about £20 or £25 if they have to refit the tyre.