Slow window

Hi, New to the MX5 so lots to learn, the passengers window is really slow going up and down and needs a helping hand sometimes going to have a look at it over the weekend first of all I was going to try and swop the switch for the drivers side as that window is ok, if no joy then check the runners, if anyone has any tips that would be great.

Thanks 

Get yourself a spray can of silicone lubricant and give the rubber channel a good spray. If that doesn’t do the trick spray some down the cables from the motor to the window and grease the runners and pulley wheels.

1 Like

Hi Thanks for the tip seems a lot better.

Thanks

to try the rubber channel which one do you mean, have the same problem and have now purchased some silicone lubricant, now wondering how best to apply it… should I go window down and spray the vertical runner or how should I do it? am new at this so thanks in advance!

Wind the window down, spray plenty into the rubber all the way up and then wind the window up and back down. This will take some of the lubricant into the channel within the door. Do it two or three times and everything should be well coated.

1 Like