Snetterton - Bressingham Steam & Gardens Run 14th June

June’s mid-week run - meet B&Q South NR4 6FB at 9.15am for 9.30 departure. Run, not on A11, to Snetterton NR16 2JU for about an hour’s track day action.
This will be one of MSV’s general track days so we can expect to see a variety of cars and skills on display. With an Open Pits access to view cars and talk to owners is usually possible and you can always grab a coffee at Tyrrells Bar.
Then a run to Bressingham Gardens, Low Rd, Diss IP22 2AA.

Bressingham Steam and Gardens is the home of Alan Bloom’s collection of plants and Industrial, mainly Steam powered, engineering. Open to the public since 1961, Bressingham brings to life the magic of Steam. There will be steam rail rides on the day. Alan Bloom has bred many fine herbaceous plants often displayed in his iconic rubber-band shaped ‘island beds’, so this visit has dual appeal. Refreshments can be had in Carriages museum café or next door at the garden centre or you can buy sandwiches in the Gift Shop.

Depending on Gift Aid or not Adult/Concession entry costs are approx.: £17.50/£16.50 ea. inc rides (trains & Gallopers) or £9.50/£9 (no rides).

For those with Gardeners World magazines I understand there is a 2 for 1 deal available. Also Tesco vouchers still at £1 boosted to £3 ticket value can be used here but note that the vouchers cannot be used for online ticket bookings. So bring the vouchers as all tickets must be purchased on the day.

Return route not using the A140 to Norwich or make your own way home.

1. David
  2. Richard
  3. Mick and Gella
  4. Mark
  5. Phil and Rona
1 Like

Sorry, I’m unable to come to this one as I’ll be in the Lake District at that time. Hope you all have a really great day though.
Laurie

Laurie. Thanks for the good wishes and enjoy the Lake District. My tour of N. Ireland etc is brilliant although exhausting. Due to hip and knee issues left the MX5 in the garage gone in the newer big car which some nerd up here has scraped! I knew I should have taken the 5.

Oh dear, I really feel for you about the scrape. If it’s not deep, maybe we could have a think about you letting me loose with my orbital polisher on it to reduce its visual impact.

Hello David - I’m back from sunny Cumbria and raring to go. The car scrape must be infuriating but looking on the bright side at least it wasn’t stolen during your stop in Liverpool!

Looking forward to seeing you on the 14th.

Richard W.

Hi David put me and Gella down for this one please, will meet you at Snetterton.

Richard good to have you on board. As one returns from the Lake District another leaves for it. I’m now in Belfast as our tour enters its 2nd half. I’ll start a list for this run. Cheers.

Mick and Gella, that is great that you joining this run. We’ll catch up with you at Snetterton. I’ll try and get us parked up near the cafe (Tyrell’s) and will add you to the list.

Hi David, glad your trip to Ireland is going well. Please add me to your list. I have some news when I see you and Richard, in particular, will be interested. Thanks.
Mark

Mark, you’re a man of mystery. Glad you’ll be along for this run and I’ll add you to the list. I’ve seen a fair share of MX5’s here in Belfast nearly all Mk4s.

Please add Phil and me, - but we will meet you at Snetterton rather than go into Norwich and back again! Thanks

Rona and Phil,
Got your message just before we’re leaving our hotel’s Wi-Fi in Belfast. Lovely to have you both along on this run.