Snetterton May 8th - anyone interested in a group booking?

I’m involved with (in a non financial way!) with a company called Opentrack, through my membership at www.openpitlane.co.uk. Chatting with Dave (opentrack owner) re track days, he is very keen to increase the type of cars at his events - tends to be quite ‘high end’* to this end I thought it was worth a punt on here to see if anyone was interested.

opentrack may 8th snetterton

here we go some basic details are
£199 Opl format
free garages
free snacks
free drinks
free track photography
track will run from 9 till 5
date is Friday 8th May

all details are on www.opentrack.co.uk

My aim is that we do a group booking of 6 of us (including me) - which will secure some special treatment anyone else in? PM me if so - please not as a reply in here!

I’ll also have a punt on NUTZ with this.

*for this reason hopefully there is no conflict with MOT

Might be interested in this how soon do you want to know as Iam doing Snetterton on April 14th with MGOC so will have to see how that goes b4 commiting as I have never done Snetterton b4.

Mike

HI,

Thats probably OK - I guess there is a risk that it will get booked up, but if there is enough interest I’ll see if he will pre reserve the places for us.

Shoudl be great seeing a troupe of 5’s against the odd GT3 :slight_smile:

Michael

No problem, we all live in the same pond. But our biscuits are better. [C]

Just a quick note on this - the following instructors have confirmed as offering free tuition on the day:

Malcom Edeson - I know malcolm personally, he’s a top chap. He has a lot of experience with MX-5’s, and has completed in the MX5 racing series. Drives an Elise with a type r engine in

Mike Wilds - a true ‘we’re not worthy’ driver! he drove World Championship Formula One for BRM and Ensign in the 1970’s, has won 12 British Championships in single seater’s and sports cars, won the Group C2 Team World Championship with Ecurie Ecosse in 1986, competed in eleven 24 Hour Races including the famous Le Mans 24 Hour Race seven times, has driven in the British Touring Car Championship, provides tuition for manufacturers such as BMW, Lexus, FIAT, Jaguar, Mercedes Benz and Porsche plus Mike won the 2008 European Endurance ‘Britcar’ Championship in an ex works BMW and the 2008 Group C Enduro Trophy in a Porsche 962. To boot, he’s a thoroughly helpful chap.