Snow foam lance 🤷‍♂️

Hi any one got recommendations for a snow foam lance to fit karcher pressure washer…:nerd_face::nerd_face:

What’s best VFM :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Also what the best snow foam???

Thanks guys

1. My model of MX-5 is: __
  2. I’m based near: __
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __snow foam

I have this arriving today

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adjustable-Cannon-Dispenser-Karcher-Pressure/dp/B07PMM7TG1

to replace my broken one

It had served me well until I dropped it the other day , I will let you know how the new one performs . As for snow foam I use

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Wax-Neutral-Shampoo-Litre/dp/B07CNW1CR3

Which is a combined snow foam and shampoo so I use for pre wash and contact wash

1 Like

Hi :wave:
Thanks for reply, I have the karcher one that came with the machine but I think it’s really poor.:slightly_frowning_face:

I’ve tried various foams in it and none have been a thick clingy foam that doesn’t run straight off , that’s why I’m swaying towards a new lance :nerd_face::nerd_face:

I bought the Autobrite Snow Foam Lance and Magifoam kit which I have been quite impressed with and I use this with my Karcher K4. The Magifoam produces a thick foam if that’s your thing but I like the Bilt Hamber Auto Foam (£17 for 5 litres) which doesn’t foam much but is excellent for cleaning. I had the Karcher snow foam Lance as well and I wasn’t very impressed either.

2 Likes

This is my preferred snow foam woo and attachment.

1 Like

I have a Halfords Pressure Washer and managed to find a superb seller on eBay that deals with lances and adapters etc and now have a lovely 1ltr lance for snow foam. I have recently used a brand called Mad Cow as they had an offer on a ltr of foam for £1! and that was brilliant! nice and thick and gave a great result. However for me im a huge Auto Finesse fan so I also highly recommend Avalanche!

1 Like

I’ve been detailing for about 7 or 8 years now and I’m still on my first Lance from autobrite direct, it’s never let me down and never got clogged (but that may be down to our superior glorious clean Scottish water) if I was to replace it is just get the newer one

As for snowfoam I’ve tried hundreds and the best one I’ve used by far is magifoam by autobrite, none of the others I’ve tried (50 cal, bilt hamber, auto finesse etc etc) even come close

2 Likes

@Benji93 Ive just bought some Autobrite polishes. one for scratches a cutting compound and a spray detailer that leaves my car smelling like some kids first aftershave. But I must admit I am very impressed with it so far! I will take your word and try out the Magifoam

Definitely mate, the correct it 3 stage polishes are my go to, autobrites far better priced than most others and outperforms them all, the only thing that’s not autobrite that I buy (in a garage with thousands worth of cleaning/detailing/machining gear) is auto finesse’s tyre creme because I like the way it goes on :joy:

1 Like

This ???

1 Like

I’ve currently got Autoglym Polar Blast snow foam, which is the first one Ihave used that goes on thick and sticks. So effective that it is a pain to wash it off the drive afterwards.

But… I am not conviced snow foam actually helps more than a water damp down before using the bucket and shampoo. Looks like it should work, very impressive to see all foamed up - but not convinced it is worth the effort.

3 Likes

Autobrite is quite robust and reliable, but so are most you can buy on eBay for less
The Snow foam varies wildy though and some are poor
Get ‘Bilt Hamber Auto Foam’. Its the best!!

1 Like

Yes thats the one I bought just make sure you get the one with the Karcher attachment.

1 Like

Normally I would wet the car with plain water, then use the two bucket method to clean and then rinse and dry.

What does snow foaming add, augment or replace in this process?

It loosens dirt (after a few minutes dwell time) then the wash off safely removes grit and dirt that would normally still be there even after a wetting, without touching the car or wiping a wash mitt over the car. In short … Stage one of the wash process

4 Likes

Bilt Hamber highly recommended and used by many pro detailers.

1 Like

Well , it looks like 1 of my kids actually listens to what I’m saying :flushed::flushed::flushed:
Got this from my daughter, eerrmm I mean Santa :santa:t2::santa:t2:

2 Likes

Ordered…

2 Likes

let there be snow !!

1 Like

I bought a karcher compatible on ebay and it’s really good. Great adjustment for snowfoam strength.

1 Like