So long - and thanks for all the fish

Bit of a sad farewell here. I joined the MX5OC soon after I bought my NC PRHT back in 2017. Since then I’ve managed to get to a couple of events, which both my wife and I enjoyed. More importantly, I found the OC to be a very useful source of information and guidance (as well as getting a welcome discount at Halfords!)

But a couple of weeks ago I had a bit of good fortune and managed to win a new car! So it is with heavy heart that I will soon be looking to sell my “little red car” and losing my connection with the MX-5 community. I really wish I could keep both cars, but I know that’s not really practicable. I don’t have a warm, dry garage in which to keep a car and I know that neither of them would appreciate being left standing outdoors for long periods. I’ll be giving the little MX-5 some TLC over the next few weeks, then looking to move her on to a new owner :frowning:

2 Likes

Well done in winning a car!! What car is worthy enough to replace your 5?! :wink:

Something of a beast - a 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio. Complete with 500+ bhp from a 3 litre twin-turbo V6 motor…

2 Likes

Congrats on your good fortune and good luck selling your MX-5

‘Money pit’ is the other name for the Stealing Quad Frog…
Check out the price of the rusting water pump… sit down first!!
Well done & good luck (you will need it)

You’ll be back in an MX5 before the end of the summer.

1 Like

Sell the Alpha Romeo, bank the cash and use it to maintain the 5

1 Like

Congratulations on winning a fabulous ALFA Romeo, hope you enjoy it in good health for many decades to come.

I hope it’s that fabulous green colour they do.

Beautiful looking car the alfa but does’nt look the idea car for a daily user in pot hole riddled uk, if I was you I’d do a bit of research into the running cost on it before you make your mind up, it strikes me as the sort of car where you will need a mortgage if you have a problem with it.
I’d say if you are a millionaire or ceo of a big business and spend a lot of time on european motorways and autobhan’s it would be a good car but for nipping to asda and our roads not for me.
Good advice from mintyrox.
PS I’m not trying to put the dampers on your good luck bud just think very carefully.

Congratulations. What luck - and the quad is a beautiful car :sunglasses:.

If it was me I’d take advantage of the silly prices and sell the alfa, bank the cash and still have a car that will look after you… or even upgrade the current car to a newer model and bank the rest (which will be no small sum)!

I can speak from experience that owning powerful expensive cars is as much or more of a curse than it is a blessing, unless you’re loaded and happy to accept the cost of ownership.

Good luck :+1:.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.