So what's the occupation of a lucky Mx5 owner!

Like the you tube channel. I thought it would be fun to see how many hairdressers are in this club. I need a haircut in this lockdown!
My occupation is security officer.

5 Likes

I should definitely not be trusted with scissors! IT guru during the week, semi-professional kitchen dancer at the weekends!

1 Like

Self employed regional sales rep and part time motor trader.

Problem is that 2 of the last 3 cars I’ve bought to sell on I’ve ended up keeping… one being the mx5 and the other a Saab to blat up and down the motorway in which also has the most comfortable seats I’ve ever had the pleasure of.

1 Like

I’m a Car Valeter.

I’ve NEVER known a hairdresser drive a convertible car of any type. (They’d mess up their hairstyle!)

Most people I know with MX5s are couples that are middle aged or over. And the occasional young person, more often that not men.

4 Likes

Unemployed, after 48 years of being a forklift field service engineer, i took early retirement and voluntary redundancy.
Do i miss working in wind, rain, snow, mud, up to my elbows in grease, oil and diesel, battery acid, burnt arms, black finger nails, bleeding and skinned knuckles, wet and frozen feet, 24hr call outs, sleeping and ‘using the toilet’ in my van and not forgetting the ignorant and down right rude customers, miles and miles of traffic jams, easily doing 500 miles a day.
NO NO and NO.
But on the upside i’ve just become Grandad to a ‘little diamond’ 4 weeks ago.

Edit, not forgetting a few broken fingers, four broken ribs, three collapsed discs and permanent sciatica.

19 Likes

Civil engineer, latterly, college lecturer on the subject before getting the best job I’ve ever had, 9 years ago as a retiree! :smiley:
Barrie

6 Likes

After 25 years years in the IT sector, I changed professions and am now an English and maths teacher.

5 Likes

I was a welder fabricator for 35 years from the age of 15 when I left school and started my apprenticeship , I took early retirement at the age of 50 after I nearly died from meningitis and septicaemia, luckily I had a good final salary pension, and the company that I worked for were very fair and paid me my full pension entitlements that I would have received at 65 . Do I miss work , not one bit. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

After an initial 2.5 year career as an Analytical Chemist I have spent the last 31 years writing computer code. If I’m lucky I’m now in my last job which will see me to retirement in about 5 years.

1 Like

Explorer, searching for my perfect Mk1 :eyes::joy:

2 Likes

I work for a UK Airline as a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - ( i.e. on the spanners ) .

The sooner the world gets back to normal the better…

3 Likes

Time served mechanical fitter, but now working as a welder/fab. Been welding for longer than i did the job i served my apprenticeship as. Retire in 3 years. Cant wait.

3 Likes

IT project manager, currently between jobs thanks to Covid. In dire need of a haircut though…

3 Likes

Supply Chain. Trained at college for art and design and left when we had a recession back in the early 90’s. So started working in a warehouse and soon started working in the dispatch office for the same company. Year or two later I was in supply chain / operations team and never looked back. I’m very lucky to be in an industry that’s raced off its feet right now as I have been unemployed before and it was the worst few months of my life.

2 Likes

I’m retired but a part time hairdresser for my wife.:thinking:

Oh and cleaner, cook, gardener and general fixer upper.

6 Likes

ex trainee welder 2 yrs

ex miner 10 yrs

Ex Fire door manufacturer 2 yrs

Printer , printing on glass bottles ( eg, coke , bombay saphire gin , Malibu , corona ) 26 yrs

dreaming of retirement ( within 18 months ) :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

That sounds a bit like myself Mick🤣

2 Likes

Retired teacher. I retired early 2 years ago so I could spend time travelling and playing with my cars (amongst other things). Worked out well didn’t it!

8 Likes

Yes work leaves it’s battle scars , my lungs are probably like coal sacks now after 35 years of welding plus a dodgey back through years of heavy lifting.

2 Likes

I happily refer to myself as ‘work optional’ :grinning:, Im lucky enough to live of some property investments I made a few years back and now i just buy and sell a few cars for a hobby and some supplemental income.

3 Likes